1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racism, football and politics . . .

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stockhausen, Dec 8, 2019.

1. stockhausen

Capodecina

No message.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  2. ianh

Mobster

................and after the media drags the guy through the public poop-storm he'll be found innocent of racism just like the last "football fan racist" was once the actual evidence was known.

Plus I really hope he comes out as a Labour voter, just for the media/SJW hypocrisy really :D

3. Yas786

Caporegime

Funny how both big parties are racist in their own way. We have a **** storm with Labour being accused of anti semitism and the tories being islamophobic.

What a time to be alive eh?? Both major parties being as morally repugnant as each other.

4. jsmoke

Sgarrista

It shouldn't really surprise you if you were born around pre 1985. Racism in Britain was rife, especially in football. The numbers and tables have turned a lot though.

5. Roar87

Soldato

Islam isn't a race

6. FoxEye

Capodecina

"Racism" means whatever you want it to mean these days. As does "equality".

One of the reasons I won't vote Labour is that they're fully on board with the SJW nonsense.

7. Moley

Mobster

No it isn't, but the racism we see nowadays also isn't about race anymore - it's about cultures. No one really gives a toss about peoples skin colour any more but they do detest differences in how people act and differences in cultural norms and traditions.
    For some cultures mutilating the genitals of infants (of either sex) is normal, killing your own kids because they 'dishonored' your family is normal, blowing up poor people in foreign countries is normal.

Racism has changed.

8. chroniclard

Capodecina

At some point when they lose their jobs and keep getting arrested then these brexit scumbags will get the message that even in Johnson toxic Britain its not acceptable.

9. FoxEye

Capodecina

You've done it now :p Impending ****-storm in 3...2...1...

10. tom_nieto

Capodecina

11. Bassmansam

Wise Guy

Theres always people at football games that will chant abuse at certain players. Could be mocking height/ looks / hair colour/ whatever. I don’t think this will ever change.

12. G-MAN2004

Caporegime

What I find strange is that the accused guy's family is apparently black. :confused:

So, it's not racism then.

13. Threepwood

Soldato

Within uk law muslims, jews etc are considered "racial groups".

14. neckbeardthethird

Wise Guy

Fair play to City for acting quick, the guy was booted out within about 2 minutes of it happening.

15. mmj_uk

Capodecina

I don't think individual incidents of racism have ever stopped, it's just become necessary for the media to report on them because they want to conflate racism with Brexit/Trump. This goes back to the thread I made about the Obama-era BBC3 "American High School: Straight Outta Orangeburg" documentary that was re-branded as "Segregated America: A School in the South" and shown on the main BBC channel shortly after Trump's election. Do they report on the record black employment in America? no because it doesn't fit the narrative and will only serve to push black voters towards Trump in 2020. You only have to look at the 2016 US elections to see that most of the corporate media is in the Democrats' back pocket.

It's a similar story here where the media want to paint Brexit as a racist thing to keep remain voters from crossing the fence and accepting the vote, these are people who believed the Russia collusion conspiracy for 2-3 years and having totally forgot about the outcome are now backing the impeachment farce, so scaring them into believing that Brexit will turn the whole country racist should be easy enough.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  16. Roar87

Soldato

They can make a law saying the sky isn't blue if they want, Islam still isn't a race, it's a set of ideas and values. Criticising them is perfectly fine and doesn't make you racist in any way.

17. Threepwood

Soldato

Criticism is not racism though is it? Or do you think making big nose gestures at a british jew is critisism and not racism?

Anyway, there is not a law saying that the sky isn't blue, but there is law against 'racism' against racial groups.... thats the context.

18. BowdonUK

Mobster

From the video I saw I couldnt make out any racist gestures or language.

Unless someone was standing next to him and is prepared to go to court claiming the guy was using racist language then it might be a difficult one to prove in such a big stadium with crowds are fever pitch for the derby.

19. Tony Edwards

Mobster

As does brexit.

So you wont be voting Labour because they call out racist. Who will you be voting for then the Tories?
    It could be argued he was doing a monkey gesture but Im sure thats not racist to you because monkeys arent a race.

20. G-MAN2004

Caporegime

Making big nose gestures towards a Jewish person has absolutely nothing to do with their religion though, so of course it counts as racism.