Racism, football and politics . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
There is a difference between a haplotype and a genotype, just because there is a cluster of dna that has been passed on within the jewish line (especially amongst the Ashkenazi Jews) this does not make them a race in the traditional sense, for that their genotype would have to be the same across all jews, which it is not, not even amongst the Ashkenazi Jews.

I accept that culturely speaking the jews are an ethnic group, but not as an ethnic race.

Permabanned
If you pay me every month more than ten times what our PM gets in a year feel free to make whatever gestures at me you feel appropriate... ;)

Glad to see Greater Manchester is now such a law abiding place their police force have time to pursue charges against football fans making naughty gestures and shouting some abuse, Let's face it this a new and shocking phenomenon that their new found grip on Manchester's anarchy will allow them to pursue. Next time I am wanting the police I must mention someone making "monkey gestures' to speed a response.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
If you pay me every month more than ten times what our PM gets in a year feel free to make whatever gestures at me you feel appropriate... ;)

Glad to see Greater Manchester is now such a law abiding place their police force have time to pursue charges against football fans making naughty gestures and shouting some abuse, Let's face it this a new and shocking phenomenon that their new found grip on Manchester's anarchy will allow them to pursue. Next time I am wanting the police I must mention someone making "monkey gestures' to speed a response.
You don't think this crime of racism deserves police attention?

Soldato
Does this mean that Nicola Sturgeon is to blame after incidents at Celtic Rangers matches, or is that down to the Pope or King Billy (deceased).

The Rangers fans regularly sing songs about the Irish Famine. While some will claim this is simply sectarian it revels in the suffering of the Irish and as such is racist. Who's to blame? I blame the parents.

Permabanned
It's Chris Wilson....

And he will reply. If you honestly believe humans or animals are suddenly going to be none territorial or none confrontational to those they perceive different to their own your naivety is beyond belief. Whether it be territorial disputes over a garden fence being moved 6 inches or over major countries' borders themselves. Whether it's over those they perceive as visibly or culturally different to their own in their own territory, then good luck changing the human race. We are part of the animal kingdom, allegedly at the highest level of development, but nonetheless our tribalism is still deeply ingrained and unlikely to be more than superficially repressed, with an open or hidden strong disregard to its repression. The authorities may try to condemn it, but they are currently fighting a loosing battle. We are hundreds or perhaps thousands of years away from fully accepting those among us that are religiously, physically or developmentally apart from those we feel most comfortable among. Simple fact of all species on this planet. Regale against it if you like, for now though it's a lost cause, however well intended your wishes. It may become yet further suppressed by authorities, but it will remain deeply entrenched in people's psyche. It appears when a political party cautiously shows regard to these facets of human nature the populous may be seen embrace them... The morality of it is for others to discuss, the facts may become apparent soon.

Permabanned
The Rangers fans regularly sing songs about the Irish Famine. While some will claim this is simply sectarian it revels in the suffering of the Irish and as such is racist. Who's to blame? I blame the parents.

And let's not even get started on the Green Brigade. Scottish football is such utter ***** that while not being the number one consumers of cocaine in the UK and beating their spouses on Derby day, the locals had to import sectarianism back across the water to liven things up a bit.

Soldato
And let's not even get started on the Green Brigade. Scottish football is such utter ***** that while not being the number one consumers of cocaine in the UK and beating their spouses on Derby day, the locals had to import sectarianism back across the water to liven things up a bit.

Your whataboutary impresses nobody. It was a Rangers manager who said it was alright to hit wives if your team lost and the sectarianism in Northern Ireland has a distinctive orange tinge. Rangers fans have very few songs that don't revel in sectarianism and anti-Irish sentiment. If it's not being up to their knees in blood then it's the forced repatriation of Irish descendents.

Soldato
You don't think this crime of racism deserves police attention?

So we have a Crime here that;

Has involved no physical contact, assault, or injury.

No property has been damaged, stolen, taken/used without consent or been abstracted unlawfully in any way.

No Money has been stolen, obtained by deception or by fraud, or like above, been unlawfully abstracted or used in any way.

Inded, it is entirely possible that the alleged victim didn't even know he was a victim until after somebody told him that he was.

I am not even sure that there is a civil case here really.

Saying that the player concerned was a useless overpaid waste of skin might well be considered slander at a stretch (Since it impugns his professional capabilities)

Waving a banana at somebody or calling them a jungle Bunny may not be very nice, but calling somebody a jerk or a ******** isnt very nice either and I do not see why one sort of obnoxious behaviour should warrant police or state intervention over all other sorts.

So I guess the answer to your question is No.

Or at least No unless the police really do not have anything more important to deal with.

(Whether or not the football club can exclude/ban him for it is a different matter. The Club is a private organisation and as far as I am concerned they can exercise their own rules any way they see fit. Indeed, I think there is way too much state interference in how private clubs can operate, but that is a different subject for a different day)

NVP

NVP

Soldato
The severity is neither here nor there initially, it is a reported hate crime which requires investigation.

Soldato
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-says-Manchester-City-fan-accused-racism.html

I don't see anything wrong with what this guy supposedly did at the Manchester derby.

Guys tense up when they are agitated. That's when you know someone is looking for a fight before they throw anything. It looks like thats how this guy was. Getting in to the game.

What I find most odd is the supposed victims didn't hear or see anything unusual, and it's obvious this as been egged on, maybe against the heated derby background of the game.

The guy should sue the media/police for releasing his name. Being arrested doesn't mean you've done it. It's not America. Apparently he's even been suspended from his work. It seems there is no innocent until proven guilty in this country any more.

Caporegime
Funny how both big parties are racist in their own way. We have a **** storm with Labour being accused of anti semitism and the tories being islamophobic.

What a time to be alive eh?? Both major parties being as morally repugnant as each other.

No it's funny how it's the muslims within the labour party who have been found guilty of anti-semitism and kicked out. Who would have ever have thought that?

Permabanned
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-says-Manchester-City-fan-accused-racism.html

I don't see anything wrong with what this guy supposedly did at the Manchester derby.

Guys tense up when they are agitated. That's when you know someone is looking for a fight before they throw anything. It looks like thats how this guy was. Getting in to the game.

What I find most odd is the supposed victims didn't hear or see anything unusual, and it's obvious this as been egged on, maybe against the heated derby background of the game.

The guy should sue the media/police for releasing his name. Being arrested doesn't mean you've done it. It's not America. Apparently he's even been suspended from his work. It seems there is no innocent until proven guilty in this country any more.

You dont see anything wrong with someone making monkey gestures at a black player? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom