Racist Bake sale - pretty cool idea...

Caporegime
Essentially some students are setting up a bake sale with the following prices for baked goods - variable according to the race of the shopper:

$2 for white men
$1.50 for asian men
$1 for latino men
$0.75 for black men
$0.25 for native americans

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/09/26/us/california-racial-bake-sale/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Tis a bit of a cheap gimmick but its quite a direct way of drawing attention to the proposed policy that would allow Californian universities to discriminate/select while considering race, gender etc...

Permabanned
Essentially some students are setting up a bake sale with the following prices for baked goods - variable according to the race of the shopper:

$2 for white men
$1.50 for asian men
$1 for latino men
$0.75 for black men
$0.25 for native americans

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/09/26/us/california-racial-bake-sale/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Tis a bit of a cheap gimmick but its quite a direct way of drawing attention to the proposed policy that would allow Californian universities to discriminate/select while considering race, gender etc...

0.25c for Native Americans. Sign me up.:)

Does that mean my Mum gets free cake?

Soldato
I feared the day it would be a con to be a white male :(

It never will be, we are too dominant in society and any small affirmative action will never make up for the fact that from day zero society was made with the white male on top. It will take thousands of years to reverse the privilege, or starting again at 0 via WW3 or something.

Permabanned
They call it pro-discrimination

When will people wake up these liberals are anti-white sick individuals who are punishing us all and we continue to support them.

Associate
I suppose in a round about way i get their logic.
Showing the college will not tolerate choices or in this case price that are based purely on race but will give certain ethnic groups a higher chance of getting into the college. (if they do at all that is.)

Caporegime
It never will be, we are too dominant in society and any small affirmative action will never make up for the fact that from day zero society was made with the white male on top. It will take thousands of years to reverse the privilege, or starting again at 0 via WW3 or something.

Agreed, but for the fact that society wasn't "made" with white folk on top. That's just how it came to be.

Permabanned
They call it pro-discrimination

When will people wake up these liberals are anti-white sick individuals who are punishing us all and we continue to support them.

They call it positive discrimination, and it is not anti-White, it seeks to redress the balance whereby minority groups, especially in the United States have been historically discriminated against.

However, I am not sure that I agree with positive discrimination in higher education, all higher education should be based on an individuals ability not their skin colour.

There is of course the issue with under representation of minority groups in decent schools in the US to begin with, which does need looking at.

Permabanned
They call it positive discrimination, and it is not anti-White, it seeks to redress the balance whereby minority groups, especially in the United States have been historically discriminated against.

However, I am not sure that I agree with positive discrimination in higher education, all higher education should be based on an individuals ability not their skin colour.

There is of course the issue with under representation of minority groups in decent schools in the US to begin with, which does need looking at.

Discrimination is discrimination, you've been brainwashed by all that liberal media to hate and discriminate against your race and I pity you for it.

I take it you come from an over privileged white family? UC Berkeley is full of Asians usually Chinese and in relation to the demographics of the US they are over represented. There are some groups who need help such as African-Americans but Asians excel everyone and are the last people that need help.

Permabanned
Interesting you say that TANK because I think if you're half white half asian you don't get any special privileges in the US. Well that's what I was told by a girl I talk to she was complaining about it.

Back
Top Bottom