• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon 7850 vs GTX 970 for light CAD

Associate
A work colleague has just pressed fire on a new Ryzen build for programming and needs a GPU. He also does light CAD work with his 3D printer - nothing on a professional level.

I've got two GPUs sitting around - a Radeon 7850 and a GTX 970. Would there be a substantial difference in CAD performance between the 7850 and the 970? This is just a stopgap GPU for now until the GPU world gets a bit back to normal. He's currently using Intel UHD graphics so anything is a bonus really.

I'm mostly asking from a moral standpoint - do I send up the 7850 for £20 + shipping or something, or take the extra step to £60 + shipping or so for the 970? Is he really going to notice that extra 40 quid spend...?

Man of Honour
From what you described I don't think the 970 would be any benefit, especially if he's been content with the Intel IGP.

Back
Top Bottom