Radeon 9700 Pro & Vista Conflict

Associate
Hi all I was wondering if anyone else as come across problems running Vista with a ATi Radeon 9700 Pro card, I downloaded the latest version of the driver from the ATi site but my pc restarts radomly and when booted back up reports a error with the video card driver, I have recently uninstalled the ati catalyst driver and vista is running a standard driver but the quality whilst playing games is not as good.

Capodecina
Soldato
As far as I remember the Beta drivers had problems with the 9700, so it's not surprising that the 7.1s would as well. It's not in the 'known issues' section of the release notes, but that would only be because it hadn't been reported when they were released.

To me the 7.1s don't seem all that mature as drivers. I think things should improve more in the next couple of releases.

Associate
OP
Lysander said:
As far as I remember the Beta drivers had problems with the 9700, so it's not surprising that the 7.1s would as well. It's not in the 'known issues' section of the release notes, but that would only be because it hadn't been reported when they were released.

To me the 7.1s don't seem all that mature as drivers. I think things should improve more in the next couple of releases.

Ok cheers for that mate, is the any other drivers out that would solve this problem ?

Associate
I found that there was an updated ATI driver on the Vista update site. I had some issues to start with when I tried to install the 7.1 driver from the ATI site if I did it before Vista updated itself.
Also try the update button when you install the 7.1 ATI drivers.

PeterT

Back
Top Bottom