• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon FURY thread

Soldato
Furyx at 450 and fury at 350 is where AMD needs to be.

Yeah in your dream but no chance AMD can deliver at that price right now as AMD partners are not very happy with Fury X and Fury cards availability because of very low yield probably far worse than NV30 did. So maybe next year!

http://www.kitguru.net/components/g...-enough-radeon-r9-fury-graphics-cards-report/
http://www.hardwareluxx.com/index.p...ry-two-partner-launch-comes-at-what-cost.html

It now nearly a month on since Fury X launch, 1000 cards were shipped worldwide on 24 June but through 3 weeks AMD only managed to shipped about 100 cards worldwide. OCUK still has Fury X Grade B in stock and competitors still has 4 Fury X cards in stocks at RRP price, they not sell well.

It is really incredible 980 Ti still flying out shelves selling tons like crazy at around Fury X prices. :eek:

It will be interesting to see how many Fury cards will be in stock on Tue and at what price.

Caporegime
Yeah in your dream but no chance AMD can deliver at that price right now as AMD partners are not very happy with Fury X and Fury cards availability because of very low yield probably far worse than NV30 did. So maybe next year!

http://www.kitguru.net/components/g...-enough-radeon-r9-fury-graphics-cards-report/
http://www.hardwareluxx.com/index.p...ry-two-partner-launch-comes-at-what-cost.html

It now nearly a month on since Fury X launch, 1000 cards were shipped worldwide on 24 June but through 3 weeks AMD only managed to shipped about 100 cards worldwide. OCUK still has Fury X Grade B in stock and competitors still has 4 Fury X cards in stocks at RRP price, they not sell well.

It is really incredible 980 Ti still flying out shelves selling tons like crazy at around Fury X prices. :eek:

It will be interesting to see how many Fury cards will be in stock on Tue and at what price.

Unfortunately I have a beyer bad feeling about AMD, future really doesn't look good. Hopefully I'm wrong.

While the IC [integrated circuit] is not as large as Nvidia Corp.’s GM200, it is considerably harder to produce because of higher transistor density. Moreover, since “Fiji” uses all-new high-bandwidth memory (HBM) as well as a special interposer to connect memory to the GPU, testing and packaging process of the chip is extremely complex.

This is what I have pointed out several times before here.
The 2 Chips maybe similar sizes but the Fiji is much more dense, that isn't a good thing really as it makes it much harder to price and more likely to fail. Some AMD fanboy commented that since AMD squeezed more transistors into a smaller area their engineers must be superior, which is blatantly false. nvidia achieving higher peformance with less transistors is something more noteworthy.

The HBM complexity and testing issues is also something I pointed. Soe thing like 3 different companies are used to create, stack and mount HBM to the interposer.

Associate
Maybe next year may never come, if AMD don't sell GPU's now they don't get any money, if they don't get any money they don't have any R&D, if they don't have any R&D there will be no more GPU's.

Yeah it looks grim, being out of stock at launch is fine, but not 3 weeks into it! All the hype but not delivering is a disaster and AMD knows it.

I think there might be only 3 ways AMD could at least come out with scratches and not other serious injuries.
1.Making prices competitive, Fury X is way too high as well as potentially reducing 390x prices.
2.The Fury launch is a success
3.Doing a relaunch with ample stock for the Fury X with marketing to boot.

Soldato
Nvidia did the same thing with 980ti no cards to buy here for 3 weeks.
I am absolutly shocked how people cant be able to comprehend such bias.:rolleyes:

Nope I am absolutely shocked how you are such a big liar and biased. :eek:

You can check Gibbo posts over the last month showed thousands of 980 Ti cards was in stock and sold thousands 3 weeks after launch on 2 June 2015.

Caporegime
You only need to look at the Roll of Honour list in the 980Ti thread, nearly half of the owners on here purchsed it within the first 3 weeks, lots of sales came immediately after Fury X launch so a lot were simply holding off.

Last edited:
Soldato
While there were GTX 980 Ti shortages at first it wasn't as few as the Fury X cards. The Fury X is almost non existent.

I guess it's good and bad for AMD, they can't sell as many cards as they would like but at least all the cards they do make are being sold. Isn't availability supposed to get better at the end of this month?

Does the regular Fury go on sale today?

Soldato
Yep, Gibbo said plenty of stock so who knows why FX is so short.

Fury is a cut down version of the chip, and without the AIO cooler, so realistically it has to be one of those things.

Either they can't produce the coolers in great enough numbers (which I'd say is unlikely), or yields of the full FuryX chip aren't great and not many make it through, meaning there are lots to be cut and sold as regular Fury.

Associate
Talking about yields made me realize something, the 980Ti is a cut down chip, same as the fury, but if you compare the performance between the two it seems like the 980Ti seems to be the clear winner

Back
Top Bottom