• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon FURY thread

Soldato
The Fury should have been named The Angry Jumper. Can't see it selling in numbers, unless it's about £299

£350 and I can see it selling well, a tiny bit cheaper than the 980, and a bit faster in most circumstances.

£400 makes it a bit of a less obvious choice. Faster than the 980, but almost £50 more expensive for it.

Anything above £400 puts it too close to the 980Ti/FuryX, and people will be likely to go either side, either save the money by getting a 980, or spend the bit extra and get the FuryX/980Ti.

My money's on it being around £400 though.

Caporegime
If AMD restructured their pricing a little to position this at £360-£370 then I think it'd sell well, otherwise at £420/450 it's just too close to the top end cards

Associate
Well I'm guessing that I should be the target audience for this card (wanting good 1440p) performance st a nice price but anything over £400 and I'll just get a 980ti instead lol.

Caporegime
Furyx at 450 and fury at 350 is where AMD needs to be.

They'd probably be losing money or making razor thin margins with each sale though and that's their whole problem, NVidia (and Intel with CPU's) are able to produce competing products cheaper. GTX 980 probably costs half of what Fury does to manufacture and it's not far off performance-wise.

Last edited:
Soldato
£350 and I can see it selling well, a tiny bit cheaper than the 980, and a bit faster in most circumstances.

£400 makes it a bit of a less obvious choice. Faster than the 980, but almost £50 more expensive for it.

So which is it? faster or mostly faster :D

I feel for the people who bought the 390s..shame on you amd

Associate
Yeah id say this needs to be priced around 350 to do well, the 980s are around 400 but with that you are paying for lower tdp, shadowplay, reliable driver support, nvidia brand strength etc, I would also say 980s are overpriced at the moment considering they are not even close to the best card anymore

Associate
Hmmmmmm still very much on the fence at the moment as I am in the market for both a new gaming monitor and gfx card. My last two cards have been Radeons and I cannot really justify the cost of almost £150 more on a monitor with G-Sync. I also dont like the way Nvidia have screwed over their Titan X customers just to more or less guzump the Fury X launch. To all intents and purposes the 980Ti IS a Titan X albeit with a very slight handicap...very slight. AMD just havent got the financial clout at this point in time to go head to head in an all out fight with Nvidia. However, I do think Nvidia pulled a business masterstroke by bringing out the 980Ti when they did to steal the Fury X's thunder...unfortunately to the detriment of the people who had spent an awful amount of money on their flagship card....I wonder how many more times they will do that in the future? The Fury X is a damn good card.....but maybe not the card everyone had hoped it would be. I believe that AMD had aimed it to be a 980 beater and to seriously undercut the ludicrously priced Titan X and they definitely have done that. The 980Ti is probably the best card out there at the moment in my opinion, but I dont want one. I want a Fury/Fury X as I believe (rightly or wrongly) that the drivers will improve and that it will become the better card over time. I still see forum posts about the "Only 4GB of HBM" but in quite a few reviews I have seen it handle the games with higher resolution textures etc...and do it without a single issue. It's faster and doesnt need the extra storage space that GDDR5 needs...get over it and accept it. When Nvidia get HBM2 all the Nvida fans will all of a sudden be saying the same thing.

So I am still going to get a Fury or Fury X....there has been enough good reviews of those cards by people with a foot in both camps (Gregster) who have fairly compared the 980Ti with the Fury X to convince me to still remain in team red for the foreseeable future...Now if only I could actually buy one....that would be nice too. ;)

Eagerly awaiting 1pm to see the Fury's go up at OCUK.

:)

Last edited:
Soldato
I also dont like the way Nvidia have screwed over their Titan X customers just to more or less guzump the Fury X launch. To all intents and purposes the 980Ti IS a Titan X albeit with a very slight handicap...

Nvidia did the exact same thing the last time with the original Titan and GTX780. They were always going to release 980Ti in its current form ie slightly cut down chip 3 or so months after the titan x was released and I would expect most titan x owners knew this before they purchased the tx.

If your not going to like anything about nvidia its the price they released the titan at in the first place which has had a knock on effect on the rest of their range.

Anyway enjoy your new purchase, a new display and gpu is a nice upgrade. :)

Associate
I think I'm onto a winner with whatever i get to be honest as I'm upgrading from an old Yusmart 22" 1680x1050 and a 280X to 'hopefully' either a Fury or Fury X and a BenQ XL2730Z.

:D

Caporegime
Titan buyers should know that they're more or less just paying for having the latest technology before everybody else, back in the old days they'd have been the people complaining about having nothing to buy and saying that they'd be willing to pay £1000 to not have to wait for a card that's 3mths away from release.

Mei

Mei

Soldato
Nvidia did the exact same thing the last time with the original Titan and GTX780. They were always going to release 980Ti in its current form ie slightly cut down chip 3 or so months after the titan x was released and I would expect most titan x owners knew this before they purchased the tx.

If your not going to like anything about nvidia its the price they released the titan at in the first place which has had a knock on effect on the rest of their range.

Anyway enjoy your new purchase, a new display and gpu is a nice upgrade. :)

i dont think you can compare the original titan to tx release
unless i remembering bad the release dates between titan>780 was pretty long and then the ti after that?
kaap can tell us he bought them all :)

but i do think most people did know the TI was coming a lot sooner this time, was just a impatient tax

Back
Top Bottom