• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon FURY thread

Permabanned
I don't have it installed, but it's in my steam library. If you give me the settings I'll give it a go.

Presumably everything as high as possible as long as it is playable. That's the thing with your GTA video, Adjust the settings so the ram requirement in the menu asks for more than 4 gb's and tell it too ignore the limit so that it goes over. You should still have playable frame rates.

Will need better proof than that I'm afraid Si. A hitch is not uncommon in a multi gpu setup. :p

The video these posts are in response too was only a single card set up not a multi gpu set up

Caporegime

GTA5 at night is less demanding than at day time, less vram used and more fps at night. I notice a fair bit of chugging, game or video?

It makes no huge difference, but if it's required i can do one in daytime at the same settings. Video memory usage and FPS will be similar to the video I've already posted. I know this as I've been testing the game on a single Fury X at 4K for a week or so now.

SOM tanking on furyx, he says it runs fine on 980ti.

Got a link to the other video? I'm sorry, but i don't accept those as playable fps.

Was Afterburner not showing the data of your cards working right there Matt? Only 45fps with 4 FuryX seems incredibly low even at 4k.

I was running 1x Fury X, the other three were in Idle mode for this test. Not forgetting recording take a fps and smoothness hit using Raptr.

Presumably everything as high as possible as long as it is playable. That's the thing with your GTA video, Adjust the settings so the ram requirement in the menu asks for more than 4 gb's and tell it too ignore the limit so that it goes over. You should still have playable frame rates.

The video these posts are in response too was only a single card set up not a multi gpu set up

The point of the video was to show that those settings are borderline what i would consider playable. Using 2x Fury X enables highest possible settings bar MSAA x2, and advanced options off - at playable fps.

I can increase settings further in GTA V without hitting the limit, the problem is the grunt is not there to use those settings or that much video memory. That has been my point since the start.

MSAA x4 starts to chug at 4K with everything maxed, problem is you need 3-4 cards for the grunt to run this. In this situation, i would agree you need more video memory. But, you need 3-4 cards to run it.

In these cases it really helps to own the cards so you can test it yourself.

Last edited:
Soldato
can you do the same test with all 4 cards running please Matt? I'm interested to see the fps at 4k and the smoothness..couldn't care less about the RAM to be honest, just want to see GTA V play at 4k with 4 Fury X lol

Last edited:
Caporegime
Matts got 4 fury cards you greedy bugger thats why theirs none in stock lol

It's a (expensive) hobby. No freebies this time, these came out of my wallet. :eek: :p

thanks bud. Just came into a lot of money, want to know whether multi Fury X or multi 390x is the way forward right now. Not overly impressed with either of these cards, but I need something to get my Freesync moving.

Cool dude, I'll let you know.

If i was you I'd go with the FuryX, latest GCN version and the latest tech.

What res are you planning on using?

Caporegime
One of the many leaked slides floating about showing how AMD have changed their tune.

AMD_8_GB.jpg

390X 8GB = 4GB is not enough.

Fury 4GB = 4GB is suddenly plentiful.

Last edited:
Soldato
SOM tanking on furyx, he says it runs fine on 980ti.

For some reason I get the same on 1080P crossfire even at high settings. Something up with the game itself or AMD drivers most likely because it used to be ok when I first installed the game.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Will need better proof than that I'm afraid Si. A hitch is not uncommon in a multi gpu setup. :p

I've never said that the limit cannot be breached, only that the chances of breaching it and keeping playable FPS with one GPU is pretty much nil. The lack of proof forthcoming is testament to that.

The chance of two gpu's breaching the limit is greater, but still it's limited to the odd game that is excessive with a high texture pack ala Mordor. It's not common and aside from that, i can think of any that would do it.

The fact is you'll need three or four gpu's to consistently breach a 4GB limit at 4K and keep playable FPS at the same time. Sure you can do it with 20FPS, but that is not the point I've been making since the start.

I'm sure Kaap will back me up in what I'm saying.

+1

For a single card @2160p 4gb is plenty as you will have to compromise on the settings anyway to get playable fps.

Even if you use a single 12gb TX @2160p it will still only be using around 4gb available to get playable fps.

Playable fps for me is 60fps as less looks not good.

Caporegime
Two cards in CF or SLI will tend to use slightly more memory than a single card but whether this is enough to effect your settings i don't know.

Not sure why they would use more ram, everything is mirrored but the textures are the same size, so why would more ram be used?

Back
Top Bottom