• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon RX 5950 XT, 5800 XT SKUs Submitted To EEC

Caporegime
Imo its too little too late, by the time its released Turing will be 2 years old and Ampere will be here, so unless it has dramatically more performance than the 2080ti (30%+ minimum) at way cheaper prices I cant see how they will compete with the 3070/3080.

Just matching the performance of the 2080ti at £800-900 or whatever wont cut it when the 3070 will most likely be very close to the 2080ti for £500 (or £600 knowing nvidia)
Unless nV come out and say the 3000 series is going to be cheaper (have they?) then I think we're safe adding £100 to all the 2000 series prices.

A 3070 for £600 seems about "right".

Caporegime
:D

I'm not the target audience (for anything above the 3050).

I have £300 max each gen to spend, and very little to show for it :p

Fully expect the 3060 to be £400 - £450.

Last edited:
Soldato
To expand: No you can't do VRR over HDMI on AMD cards. It's an AMD issue, it's been promised for a couple years but has never happened. Nvidia has unlocked it on only RTX and the 1660 type cards and in theory this might work on the Samsung but it varies on a TV by TV basis with the only guaranteed one being the LG B9 C9 E9 and forthcoming CX range.

I think it's something to do with HDR being tied to Freesync rather than VRR on AMD cards? Maybe someone way more technical can translate all this because ive picked it all up off reddit.

I don’t think you’re right there. Rtings.com tests compatible TVs with Gsync and VRR. They use an AMD card to test the VRR over HDMI.

Soldato
OP
To expand: No you can't do VRR over HDMI on AMD cards. It's an AMD issue, it's been promised for a couple years but has never happened. Nvidia has unlocked it on only RTX and the 1660 type cards and in theory this might work on the Samsung but it varies on a TV by TV basis with the only guaranteed one being the LG B9 C9 E9 and forthcoming CX range.

I think it's something to do with HDR being tied to Freesync rather than VRR on AMD cards? Maybe someone way more technical can translate all this because ive picked it all up off reddit.

Only the very latest Nvidia cards which support HDMI Forum VRR as well - RTX 20xx cards (so 3 skus).

Soldato
They might just skip the 5950 5900xt and release them as 6900 6950xt with the rdna 2 versions of the 6700 and 6700xt following.

Associate
The RX 5950XT possibly?
As there is the RX 5900XT as well.

Choo! Choo! :)

yeah exactly what i thought. People on here know a lot more than what i do, but i suspected they could go dual chip card based on the infinity fabric technology they use on their CPU's? doesnt the infity fabric offer next to zero latency?

i could just be saying a load of rubbish, im sure somebody will mock and correct me.

Soldato
Rumor has it these are still monolithic designs. While Intel is actually working on chiplet designs for their dGPU.
The rumors are still lining up though. Navi21 (5800) and Navi23 (5900). Big Navi appears to be the 5900 series if the rumors are true.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Rumor has it these are still monolithic designs. While Intel is actually working on chiplet designs for theie dGPU.
The rumors are still lining up though. Navi21 (5800) and Navi23 (5900). Big Navi appears to be the 5900 series if the rumors are true.

lol intel will fail at dgpu. It will be slow with poor drivers, mark my words! Intel sometimes make decent hardware but my god their software is just shocking. They have an absolute mountain to climb and im not sure they make it.

Soldato
lol intel will fail at dgpu. It will be slow with poor drivers, mark my words! Intel sometimes make decent hardware but my god their software is just shocking. They have an absolute mountain to climb and im not sure they make it.
I hope they get it together. I've heard that larabee was actually making good progress on the software side before it was pulled (office politics). We need competition to keep prices in line at the very least.

Man of Honour
I hope they get it together. I've heard that larabee was actually making good progress on the software side before it was pulled (office politics). We need competition to keep prices in line at the very least.

Man I hope I am wrong. So far what they have shown is just meh at best so hopefully they pull something out.

Back
Top Bottom