• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon RX Vega 64 vs. GeForce RTX 2080, Adrenalin 2019 Edition Driver Update Benchmark Test

Soldato
OP
'A 64 is faster than a 2070' because it runs well on Frostbite which was developed for GCN-my sides are killing me!

Lets get a comparison up of Fortnite!:p

Tbh
We could be here all day. Unreal engine favors Nvidia.
End of the day it all comes down to the games being tested. Some favour Nvidia, some favour Amd.

The difference between GTX 1080 and Vega 64 in a blind test hardly anyone would notice.
@everyone else
Here is a nvidia title and like I keep seeing in most games Vega 64 is always close. One thing for sure even the comments section on videos keep pointing out Amd show a more consistent frame time graph in games.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’m sorry sunshine but your posts come across very immature. You cherry picked one game (BF V) whereas I have shown benchmarks across whole suites of games.

You highlight the most expensive 2070 when one literally £200 cheaper performs very similar and still better than the vega 64.

I can read benchmarks the same as you can, if you choose not believe them I can’t help you but it’s discourteous to accuse someone of spreading fud when they are simply linking to professional reviews just because they are an inconvenient truth for you.

Edit. I see in your post above you have at least now acknowledged your own bias.

The BF V example was more to showcase the video and the methodology, rather than it running better on AMD, which is funny because it's an Nvidia sponsored title, but that's besides the point.

Why I accused you of fud was because you keep insisting these are "youtube suicide runs" when in fact they were stock showings (with the exception of MindBlank Tech, but that was OC vs OC and to illustrate that very point, at lower voltages anyway - no suicides there), and far from what the cards can do. So either you have a very curious definition of suicide run or you're doing something else. That you also insist that there is no difference between A and non-A chips and it's just "guff" on my part, even though I showed you an investigation showing otherwise, is also curious. And if there were no difference, why did Nvidia bother separating them anyway? Nor did I pick the Aorus because it was so expensive, that was simply what they tested & liked the channel. I invited you to make your own pick if you thought there was a fairer match. Either way, the £ difference is an argument in itself, and some will be convinced, some won't. Not up to me to decide.

All of these are put together to show that I have tried to make a logical & rational argument. I have no issue with the 2070 winning some games, maybe even most - but what I have a problem with is this insistence that there be no recognition of how the Vegas are better in various games as well & have a lot more OC and tweaking potential. Or that these reviewers are somehow "pros" because they wrote their benchmarks on their site & therefore have flawless methodology which isn't to be questioned lest people accuse me of "bias" - bias because I can think about these things and don't accept shoddy methods & results.

That's fine, I'll make my own benchmarks, with black Jacks and Cpt. Hook. :cool:

Soldato
Unreal engine favors Nvidia.
That was the point as it's made from the ground up , @Poneros is still bigging up BFV 'because it's an Nvidia sponsored title', despite you and I know Frostbite II(?)was/is built ground up around GCN, for all of AMD's tech (as more people on the planet are gaming on AMD's various platforms-Nv don't have a look in:p), his BFV being an Nvidia sponsored title is moot because they paid for RTX features-DICE will not gimp AMD in any form 'because it's an Nvidia sponsored title' just like they have never gimped Nv's performance in past AMD sponsored BF titles.

The difference between GTX 1080 and Vega 64 in a blind test hardly anyone would notice.

Spot on, but to clarify, imo there is no chance his claim that V64>2070, V64 tweaked or not, my non A 2070 oc's between 1925 to 2100 game dependant, Nv simply locked down the non A's to hit the lower but still higher price point(due to user outrage on RTX price) so it doesn't oc as much so they/partners can charge double for an extra ~150MHz!:o

Or I could just go gung ho and bypass the PL's with a plastic clothes peg shunt mod until it catches fire!!!:eek::p:D

Back
Top Bottom