radiator for Fractal Design Focus G

Associate
Does anyone know if you can fit a 240mm radiator with 25mm fans in the top and same in the front of a Fractal Design Focus G when the two 5.25 drive bays have dvd/blu ray drives in them?

Associate
10 second google search for reviews:

Water-cooling is understandably not a focus for a case like this, but nevertheless the Focus G Mini does have some decent options here, with 240mm radiators supported in both the front and roof mounting positions, limited to 45mm and 35mm thickness respectively. The front position also needs the lower optical drive bay to be unoccupied; there's a cutout in the cage to allow the radiator to poke through. The lower HDD cage is removable, but it can't be moved anywhere without modification, so you'll be left with just a single, difficult-to-access 2.5” mount if you go this route. The ODD cage, meanwhile, is not removable.

• Front – 380, 240, 140 and 120 mm radiators of all thicknesses. (for 280mm you need to forfeit the lower 5.25" bay slot)
  • Top – 240 and 120 mm radiators. (A thickness limitation of only 40mm for both radiator + fan applies .
  • Rear – 120 mm radiator max width 120mm

It mentions the mini but looking at pictures.. if the mini is able to fit it, i don't see why the larger brother can't.. so to answer your question, you can but you have to forfeit the lower 5.25" bay slot

Last edited:
Associate
I've got the Focus G Mini and can tell you that I had to literally bend myself over to get a 240mm rad fitted in the top.

At the end I had to buy a replacent radiator and replacement fans..

It was a Magicool G2 Slim radiator with ID-Cooling 120015-XT fan as they are only 15mm in thinkness.

Even with the above compromises it was still a really uncomfortably tight fit..

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the replys but I am looking at normal one not the mini. i did find some reviews and someone said that you can't use the 5.25 drive bays if you use two 240mm radiators so wanted know if this was true.

Back
Top Bottom