Radio Two listeners

Man of Honour
Having come from an office where no radio was allowed, it's been great having the chance to listening to the radio a lot more while I've been working from home, in particular Radio 2. I just can't do radio with ad not the repetition of the same old tracks.

My family thinks I've already one foot in the grave already, but I've enjoyed hearing tracks that I've not heard for years, which I'd never think to listen to on a streaming service.

Cuppa coffee at 10:30 for Ken's Pop Master, realising that I know absolutely know nothing about music :D

Associate
Steve Wright is twonk unfunny as hell and the same old carp he played when he was on radio 1. To much talk about what ever the days important subject on the Jeremy Vine show that man just loves the sound of his own voice. I admit that R2 is better than most but those 2 I cannot be doing with. Planet Rock or Absolute Classic rock for me at work [and everybody else in ear shot]

Soldato
Having come from an office where no radio was allowed, it's been great having the chance to listening to the radio a lot more while I've been working from home, in particular Radio 2. I just can't do radio with ad not the repetition of the same old tracks.

My family thinks I've already one foot in the grave already, but I've enjoyed hearing tracks that I've not heard for years, which I'd never think to listen to on a streaming service.

Cuppa coffee at 10:30 for Ken's Pop Master, realising that I know absolutely know nothing about music :D

All stop for pop master!

Associate
I couldn't listen to it in December when Steve Wright or Jeremy Vine were on. They kept playing Jeremy Vine singing Christmas songs and it was one of the most annoying things I think I've ever heard.

Commissario
Yes but switch off as soon as that clown Steve Wright appears in the afternoons
Exactly this. I have it on in the morning but I can't stand Steve Wright. I do sort of mentally switch off when Vine comes on but that's around lunchtime anyway.

I rotate between Classic Rock, Absolute 80s and Radio Caroline in the afternoons.

Soldato
I grew up with Wogan on in the morning, so I really appreciate a bit of Ken Bruce; he's great company while I go through the morning routine caring for Mum and her increasingly needy dog. However apart from him, I tend to struggle with a lot of Radio2 when I stumble into it during the day. I used to quite like Norton on a Saturday morning, but generally the other presenters and the playlist isn't ancient enough for my tastes, especially in the evenings... feels like what Radio 1 used to be! But I think that's just old age and being stuck in the 70s & 80s. I need Radio "reruns of Wogan in the 70s" as I crumble into senile decrepitude like my mother.

I accidentally listened to some of the Jamie Cullum show last night and the jazz was rather better than I expected. Sometimes SmoothFM can be more 'Radio 2' than Radio2, but adverts drive me up the wall; I prefer silence to regular interruptions. Being fussy is complicated. :)

Permabanned
Talk Sport for me most radio channels do my head in talking for the sake of talking. If you have nothing interesting to say then just play a song, I don’t want to hear about what celebrity has done this or that or whatever other random nonsense comes into your head.

To be honest I’m playing YouTube videos more than the radio nowadays at least I get to choose the content.

Soldato
We have absolute radio on at work. Seems to be one of the better ones. I can't stand radio much lately. On my 25 minute drive to work its more talk an adverts than music. So I go with Spotify.

Commissario
Vine is very negative IMO, and the people that call in do my head in.
He just seems to put a negative spin on everything he says and even though he tries to hide them, I think some of his views are a bit odd.

I don't like adverts on radio at all which is why I tend to vary what I listen to in the afternoon. After a couple of days of one station, the adverts really grate which is why I have to change to a different one.

True local radio doesn't really exist any more. We're in a worse place radio wise than we were when Laser 558 appeared back in 1984. That gave the establishment a good kick and things got better but they've gradually gone back downhill.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Most radio is rubbish these days, most of the DJ`s have a me me me personality complex that makes me just want to punch their faces in its even worse in the daytime. As for that Vine idiot he is just a condescending flip wad who needs to stop giving air time to fringe idiots who think they are the norm.

Best show by Miles is Mark Riley on 6 music, generally plays new stuff and has the appearance of playing whatever he likes and wants. (He also has a guess whats on my T-shirt that I am never close in getting)

Playlists need banning on national radio its just lazy, oh and honurbale mention goes to the Radio 1 Drum and Bass Show and Craig Charles funk and soul show.

How anyone can listen to daytime radio is beyond me, its atrocious. (Pop master aside, but stop the 60s ********)

Soldato
They had Radio 2 on in the hospital infusion clinic earlier in the week. You know you’re getting old when all the songs you used to wait to come round on Radio 1 now pop up on R2. Then you spend the rest of the day annoying the wife singing ELO Telephone Line or Lindisfarne Run For Home...

Back
Top Bottom