• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Random blank screens... gpu, monitor (TV) or?!

Associate
Hi guys n girls,

I'm pulling my hair out over the last few days trying to sort out my PC blank/black screen problem, hopefully someone might be able to help me.....

My specs:
9700k all temps normal
Asus MAXIMUS-XI-GENE latest bios 1401
EVGA 1080 TI (drivers 441.87 i even tried rolling back the drivers)
EVGA 850 SuperNova G2
Win10 64bit all
55" 4K Samsung KS8000 TV
16GB ram with nothing overclocked at the mo.

So, two days ago my PC started getting random black screens, from 1 sec to 10+ long or even 'no signal' at times. I swapped out for 2 x new HDMI cables but no luck.

I have a GTX 1660 in my PC now, everything works fine.... which means my 1080ti could be faulty? I put the 1080ti in my flatmates PC and it works 100% on his 1440p Dell monitor. So now im thinking its my Samsung TV.... but when i plug my flatmates PC (with his GTX970) into my TV no problems whatsoever. I also set up my GFs laptop to my TV through the same HDMI port and it worked no probs too.

I took my case to my parents house and plugged into their 4K TV and it worked fine for 45mins with no black screens. When i get home and set it up with my TV.... random black screens straight away. I even tried a res of 1440p @ 59hz in nvidia control panel but that didn't help. I have also swapped out for different PCIe cables but still no luck...

Does anyone have any ideas... im stumped?! Is it my TV or my GPU causing me grief!?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom