Random Famous People You Met

Associate
surprisingly have not met any famous people and i live in London.

Probably won't count but for the premier of Kung Fu killer, Donnie Yen was there and did a Q&A while we were in the audience of the cinema.
About 6 years ago while on business in the states.. went for a team meal at a fancy restaurant and Keegan-Michael Key was sitting at the next table to us

Soldato
Cliff Richard (twice) when he was shopping in Fortnum & Masons in successive Xmas shopping trip years.
Pete Townsend (twice) 1st at one of his film premieres when I was working at a Cinema in the mid 80's & a few years ago at a black tie function.
Katie Price when she was shopping at Lakeside many moons ago.

Soldato
No idea who first is but Pertwee pretty cool.... also you met Worzel Gummidge :)

Charlie Duke was the lunar module pilot on Apollo 16, and the tenth person to walk on the moon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Duke

No idea who Worzel Gummage is....
50743288142_4132b2c759_o_d.gif

Soldato
I am ashamed.. I used to be able to name all the Mercury and Apollo astronauts... but age has overtaken me

What was he like?

A really nice down to earth bloke. (pardon the pun) He was doing a talk at a military base and had all the jokes and banter. He struggled with the void after Apollo 16, where do you go, what do you do after something like that which has consumed your life for nearly a decade. later he rediscovered his faith and fell back in love with his wife.
He was more than happy to chat about his lunar experiences and what he thought of NASA's then current direction, (shuttle era) and stopped for photos and autographs... top bloke.

Soldato
Usain Bolt, twice when flying to Jamaica. Nice guy who was really quite funny, especially when he stood up and rattled his head on the luggage rack, we agreed that planes were not made for tall folk like him.
Chris Gayle, absolute cricketing legend and another funny guy, we walked with him from the lounge to the gate and had a laugh at my wife’s expense, she had met him at an event the week before and didn’t recognise him even after he asked what cricket players we liked and she listed him in her list, she asked if he knew Chris and he said no I am Chris, my son and I were crying laughing by then.
Quite a lot of darts players, Bunting, Beaton, White, Anderson,Ando being the best when my mate asked him to sign his big red ring….he meant his board surround of course…..made a world champ swear though lol.
Quite a few football players, mostly older ones.
A few musicians but no real stories.

Associate
When I was at Uni in the late 90's I worked in the bar of a decent hotel which had plenty of people stay there. I met Robbie Williams, Oasis, Kylie Minogue, Danni Minogue, took room service to Toni Braxton, Christopher Eccleston, the bald Italian football referee whose name escapes me, Sir Ian McKellen, Ron Aktinson - they were all fairly decent, apart from Danni Minogue who was a right upstart, her sister was brilliant. Danni would click her fingers for attention, Kylie would get up and come to bar and talk to you. Had a beer with Robbie Williams, which my boss hated, but he insisted he didn't want to drink alone when waiting on his own, just before he hit it big from memory.

The nicest person I ever met by a mile was Stephanie Beecham when she in town for the RSC. She was brilliant to talk to and she seemed genuinely interested in what I was doing at Uni and stuff and she left me a £50.00 tip twice in 2 weeks!

Back
Top Bottom