Random Robotic Voice Mic

Associate
Hey,

I've had a problem randomly occur over the past week where my mic on my 2 USB headsets will randomly turn my voice robotic/dalek sounding and I can't for the life of me figure out what can be causing this. I've tried driver wipes, restore to an earlier point in windows and different USB ports. Both headsets work on my other laptop (windows 10). The headsets I have are a SteelSeries 650 and HyperX Cloud Revolver S.

The problem happens after about 10 minutes of using my PC. A temporary fix is to pull out the USB and re insert it. This will fix it for about 2 minutes before it comes back again.

All help is appreciated :)

Specs if needed:
Windows 10 64bit
i7 6700k
GTX 1080
Asus Hero VIII
850 Evo SSD

Soldato
Are you listening/recording your own voice or are other people telling you on ts/discord that you sound robotic?

If the latter, it will probably be network packet loss. Voice isn't transmitted as straight voice samples, but rather as deltas from reference sounds, so any packet loss ends up with you sounding more like the robotic reference male (or female).

Associate
OP
I currently am using the voice playback in Windows 10 to listen to my voice so I can try and find any possible triggers to cause the problem. It happens both when I'm on Discord and offline.

Back
Top Bottom