Rant - London rent prices...

Associate
I was listening to the radio, a listener phoned in who seemed very knowledgeable on property. She said the solution to London housing was not to build many more properties in London, as it will just bring more people to the capital and the housing issue will remain. One solution is to move businesses to other cities from London, such as Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle etc.

Sometimes I feel like telling my "London friends" that my mortgage is half the price of their flat share and will be paid off in < 5 years, well done on earning 10k a year more than me. Apparently there are no jobs in Manchester and it rains 26 hours a day. On a purely selfish note, its probably better if we keep this illusion.

Associate
Sometimes I feel like telling my "London friends" that my mortgage is half the price of their flat share and will be paid off in < 5 years, well done on earning 10k a year more than me. Apparently there are no jobs in Manchester and it rains 26 hours a day. On a purely selfish note, its probably better if we keep this illusion.

I'm sorry but Manchester is incomparable to London.

Soldato

If you're earning £10K a year more, then I agree London isn't worth it - for some jobs the difference is much more than that though.
In fact, for some jobs they only exist in London.

I'm originally from Manchester, but to move back now would mean taking a very significant pay cut, so even with the lower property prices it just wouldn't be worth it financially.

Back
Top Bottom