Rant you'll feel better. Which was the worse phone or network you were on?

Soldato
I'll never buy another Blackberry because they are garbage even my old Walkman phone was better. I had a 9700 Bold for over a couple of years now and it was garbage. It always lost signal. You could say that was Orange but that network should work fine in Staffordshire so I think the phone was at fault. The Phone crashed more than a PC with Windows and it kept telling me I had no memory card installed when I did. The amount of times I had to pull the micro SD and re-insert it you wouldn't believe.

Rubbish app store, terrible specs, Awful Camera and unreliable OS. It would also drop calls and they have the nerve to charge extra to go online and use Facebook etc. lol All this which at the time was the best phone Blackberry had on the market when I bought it.

I have a GiffGaff sim now and want to go with a phone with the best photo taking abilties. I don't care if it's Nokia, IOS or Android anything has to be better than Rim.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've only ever been on Orange so I'm not sure :p I'll probably give Vodafone a go though as it seems to get better 3G/H coverage where I am.

Worst phone was probably an old LG clamshell thing, can't even remember what it was called :/

Soldato
Vodafone, ordered two phones gave me (well my father) four contracts. Took a lot of phone calls to get sorted. They just wouldn't acknowledge there was a problem!

Soldato
Can't think of a phone or network I've ever been completely happy with.

Been through:
SonyEricsson t68i - Had issues with power-off and locking, - 3 phones
SonyEricsson k700i - No issues :eek:
XDA Exec - Easy to crack screen even though it was a clam design - 2 phones
MDA Pro - Network connectivity issues, screen calibration faults - 3 phones
SonyEricsson X1 - Desgin flaw leading to cracked casing - 3 phones
HTC 7 Pro - Few software issues with win7, had the handset 9 months and still functioning well.

Worst Network for me has to go to o2, who when upgrading my phone charged me double then "credited" my account for the cost of the phone and refused to give a refund. Was enough that after the 12 month contract was over I was still in credit and still now fighting to get it refunded to my bank.

Soldato
Worst network for me was one2one which had 80% coverage at the time:eek: For some stupid reason, I stayed with them for 2-3 years. I'd say the worst phone I ever had was the Nokia n73. I just hated so many things about it. It was big but without reason/excuse. It was very slow, the camera took ages to start. The call volume was very low. I had to have the volume on max just to use it in-doors. Outside it was often too quiet to use. I suppose technically, I have had worse phones but it's not really fair to slate 90s phones for being basic etc and they were fine at the time.

Man of Honour
Orange, phone calls always sound like robots with lots of bad reception. That was about 5 years ago though.

As for phones had two LGs and they were both appalling, I won't touch LG phones with a barge poll now.

Soldato
Worst phone: Samsung PIXON. Absolute junk with the worst ui ever. At that time I should have got an android, just didn't know how usefull they were at the time!
Impossible to use punctuation properly when inputting text, dog slow, menu means you have to go back to go forwards all the time. But good camera...

sorry, I said omnia, meant pixon ,never even had am omnia...

Last edited:
Soldato
N97tastic tale of underpowered symbian awfulness, couple with no signal amd rubbish data speeds on vodafone with them refusing to acknowledge a problem. Both would.have to.do something pretty special for me to contemplate using them again.

Soldato
T-Mobile. Zero 3G coverage in Northern Ireland, even though the checker said there was in major cities.

This, the phones I had are good for what they where at the time, so I was usually always happy with them. But I think I had a Samsung D500 at the time I was on T Mob, loved the phone, but by god was the network truly non existant!

Associate
T-Mobile. They have obnoxious and pushy staff with absolutely no manners or respect. I remember joining them for a year to get a cheap PS3 and when I left to get my iPhone 3GS the retentions guy was trying to convince me that the HTC Dream (G1) was a better option. Even as an Android fanboy, this is not true!

They are also the only mobile phone network to cold call me.

Back
Top Bottom