Rapid Family Saloon

Associate
how much are the 02 supercharged Jag s-types going for now? must be around the right area. lovely looking car.

you really are handicapping yourself with this bmw prejudice though. its clearly the best car for the money

Ed

Ed

Soldato
you really are handicapping yourself with this bmw prejudice though. its clearly the best car for the money
This is the great debate over at [link].

Asking for other people opinions is caring what others think and someone who cares what people think isn't going to buy a BMW due to the 'perceived stigma'.

At £10k, for a fast saloon it's very hard not to go with the 330i but I'm sure he'll be happy with his choice once he commits.

Caporegime
OP
imprezas and evos are a no due to insurance.

Due to me having a claim and a previous driving ban, im looking at expensive for an ST220 (about 1k) but silly money for the Impreza (try 2k)

Associate
S-Type R
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/364160.htm
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/384901.htm

the 3 is quite small compared to what else you can get for the money..
but i guess regarding running costs and insurance, that's a good thing ;D

As an S-Type R owner, I think you would be surprised just how expensive they are to run. It’s not the kind of car you can just get serviced anywhere and hence parts and labour are very expensive. Also the fuel consumption is pretty terrible, especially if you are having some fun, which, let’s face it, is pretty much impossible to resist.

On a different note, the cars the OP has posted are all quite fast, but an S-Type R is in a different league, it's a 400 HP rear wheel drive super saloon and needs to be treated as such. If you aren’t careful it’s possible to get in a lot of trouble with only the briefest lapse of concentration.

Soldato
My choices would be the Octavia vRS (I own one) or the ST220.

The only reason I went for the Octy over the ST220 is fuel consumption (I was coming from a 3.2 A3 and needed something more frugal).

One thing I would say about the Octy is apart from the Nice turbo hiss the engine note is very er unvocal.

Caporegime
OP
Other thing that going against the Octy VRS is my best mate

its a running joke how similar our tastes are, buying the same tellys, PC bits etc.. it would be a step too far to have the same car as him as well lol :D

and am i right in thinking that AMG mercedes is going to be a whole different ballgame in running costs compared with Vectras, Mondeos and Mazda 6s ?

Caporegime
OP
6 MPS isnt going to happen tbh. thers only 1 on autotrader nationally for under 11k and thats the one i linked, plus the other half thinks its minging :(

and she says the mondeo reminds her of a taxi (because all taxis have a Gruff V6 and 17" multispoke alloys :confused:, women !

her suggestion ? A ford galaxy .... methinks not this time ... :D

Ed

Ed

Soldato
6 MPS isnt going to happen tbh. thers only 1 on autotrader nationally for under 11k and thats the one i linked, plus the other half thinks its minging :(

and she says the mondeo reminds her of a taxi (because all taxis have a Gruff V6 and 17" multispoke alloys :confused:, women !

her suggestion ? A ford galaxy .... methinks not this time ... :D
Nip it in the bud, NOW, and ignore her. Start as you mean to go on otherwise you'll age very quickly indeed.

Man of Honour
She needs to realise that you like cars, therefore, you chose the car.

She likes soft furnishings, so she can chose the next lounge suite or something.

Soldato
How about a Honda Accord 2.4 Type-S, yes it's the car I have so maybe a lame suggestion :) and has a rep as an old mans car (which I am :)) but it's got a decent amount of poke, lots of gadgets and for me personally reliable as hell :) Servicing can be expensive at a dealer but getting it done by a decent indy should make it more affordable. Not too sure how it compares on the insurance front but for me with loads of NCB it costs me a staggering 340 fully comp, protected.

Back
Top Bottom