raptor 80gb hdd x2 to free up space on ssd

Associate
hey guys i recently got a pair of 80gb raptors off a friend of mine! when i have set them up in raid ect and im in windows! id like to set them up so i can install games on them to free up some space on my 250gb ssd!
how do i go about setting up the drives to link them with my ssd so i can install the games on them

thanks martin

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

You can't link them. They need to be a separate drive letter. You then install the games to that drive letter.

Soldato
So once setup in raid the drives will show as one HDD. I have a pair of 250GB 850 evos in raid to show as one drive I use for my games saving them appearing as 2 different drives.

once in windows they should appear under my computer, if not check disk management and make sure they have a active partition and a drive letter assigned to them

Caporegime
I was thinking this was a necromancer from ten years ago.

Surely a 120gb ghetto, Membersmarket/ebay SSD is still faster than 80gb old school raid 0 setup.....

For a few quid...

Soldato
I was thinking this was a necromancer from ten years ago.

Surely a 120gb ghetto, Membersmarket/ebay SSD is still faster than 80gb old school raid 0 setup.....

For a few quid...

Yes, hell a newish 1tb+ drive will beat 80GB raptors in RAID0, but it sounds like he got them for free, and free > a few quid :p

Back
Top Bottom