• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Raptor Lake Leaks + Intel 4 developments

Don
Then why did you post a review that wasnt even testing for your theory and then pretended it supported your theory??? Go ahead then, post a review where when both tested at the same frequency, the e core is more efficient. There isnt any cause that is not the case
Half a paragraph further down it literally says as much..

That means running Gracemont above 3.2 GHz is pointless if energy efficiency is your primary concern. Running the E-Cores at 3.8 GHz basically makes them worse P-Cores. But that’s exactly what Alder Lake does by default.

Below 3 GHz, Gracemont shines. It’s able to maintain better performance at very low power targets (as we saw in the previous section) while consuming less energy. With an integer workload, it’s especially efficient.

And that is relevant...? Why would they run them at 3.5 ghz?
Because to get better efficiency than E cores that's where they need to be clocked?

Soldato
Half a paragraph further down it literally says as much..
And it still doesnt say that its more efficient at the same clockspeeds...
Because to get better efficiency than E cores that's where they need to be clocked?
And that is relevant how? Your point is that intel doesnt use 16 p cores because of power consumption, yet they are using e cores that are less efficient. Therefore your theory does not hold any water and power consumption is not the reason they don't have 16 p core parts. Yes?

Associate
P and E cores are different core architectures designed for different uses cases. Not fully sure what value this 'comparison' will yield.

The only thing they have in common is access to the shared L3 and being on the same die (for now). That's is.

Soldato
SiSoft are Intel.

PS: its also the software Intel used to prove the 15% performance improvements they claimed for every quad core of the decade long refresh, all of them turned out to be 3%.

Link to show it's Intel? Wiki says it's a British company in London

Don
They are? You seem to think they are not. I mean sure, maybe (that's a MAYBE), if you drop them down to like 1.5 ghz they end up more efficient, but you are not going to do that on a desktop CPU.
Eh?

P series are most efficient when run between 3ghz and 4ghz. E series are most efficient when run below 3ghz.

If you drop a P series down to 1.5ghz it wouldn't do enough work per watt to be more efficient than E series cores around their ideal 3ghz speed.

Edit: it's like arguing with a wall, so I'm not going to bother replying any further.

Associate
Because bencher seems to think P cores are more efficient

And they are, for their use case. They’re more efficient at voltage scaling in relation to frequency. You can easily test this. Let me know E cores scale up with vcore. Have you tuned and played with any adl?

Efficiency is a broad term. I showed above v/f scaling factor for efficiency. You can use a host of other baselines in the eff realm.

Asides from that, I can’t repeat enough how useless it is to try and baseline two diverging architectures for specialized use cases.

Caporegime
And they are, for their use case. They’re more efficient at voltage scaling in relation to frequency. You can easily test this. Let me know E cores scale up with vcore. Have you tuned and played with any adl?

Efficiency is a broad term. I showed above v/f scaling factor for efficiency. You can use a host of other baselines in the frequency realm.

Asides from that, I can’t repeat enough how useless it is to try and baseline two diverging architectures for specialized use cases.

More efficient than what?

Back
Top Bottom