• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Raptor Lake Leaks + Intel 4 developments

Soldato
OP
We know that Zen 3 (e.g. 5800X) without V-cache is 10-11% slower than the 12900K in games, and we now know that the IPC of Zen 4 is 8-10% higher then Zen 3.

Zen 4 IPC info:

Zen 3 720p avg gaming performance:

So, even without increases in clock speed, Zen 4 will be roughly as fast as the top Alder Lake CPUs in games. But, there will also be clock speed improvements of around 10%, vs Zen 3 (e.g. 5800X).

So, Intel has got a bit of a problem, especially if there is no IPC gain for the 13th generation.

I would imagine that improvements in L2/L3 cache will help the 13th gen to keep up in games...

Last edited:
Soldato
It will probably match ADL and get close to RPL within few %.

It has AM5 going for it though, first gen on new platform that should be around for a while.

I’m guessing will be AM5 if fine with 90%+ performance out of the box, but then Intel if want max performance after spending time tweaking and ok with potential extra costs and on dead platform albeit supporting anything that’s currently out.

Soldato
OP
I think Zen4 Vcache CPUs next year will perform the best in games, Intel's 13th gen might beat standard Zen 4 CPUs, but only the highest clocked, expensive models.

Associate
By your logic, go bang for buck and buy AM3 Bulldozer CPU's, great deals to be had :)

Don't think you're aware how much faster i5/i7 13th gen CPU's, even with cheap DDR4, are likely to be compared to AM4. Having DDR4 suport for brand new 13th gen is a fantastic move.
I do not think you are aware of how much faster 13th gen Intel is as you have not got one, unless of course you work for Intel. RPL will at best beat Zen 4 by a coupel % single thread and loose multi thread in my opinion. Unfortunately for Intel i think RPL wont be out until after Zen 4 3D which in my opinion again will beat RPL hands down. AM5 is the biggest trump card as that will offer socket longevitty. I also think the AMD IMC will be stringer then Intels as only supporting DDR5 and it seems Intel has no GEN 5 M.2 CPU support which suc ks. AMD seems to be the dominatant chp in the enthusiast / DIY market so may be time to take off your blue pants and put on some red ones, at least for a couple generations

SAying all that i will probably upgrade my Intel system to Gen 14 when it finally releases but will keep the big daddy system as AMD

Soldato
people game at 720p?

no one is going to notice the difference between a gen4 and a gen 5 drive

My thinking is they plan for the platform to last so nice option to have available if need or not later on

I was reading the reason the boards seem over engineered is that they plan longevity and just doing drop in CPU upgrades more then 2 :)

Maybe some tasks will be noticeable ?

Soldato
My thinking is they plan for the platform to last so nice option to have available if need or not later on

I was reading the reason the boards seem over engineered is that they plan longevity and just doing drop in CPU upgrades more then 2 :)

Maybe some tasks will be noticeable ?
Meteor Lake is LGA 1851, so new socket and therefore new board.

I'm not sure who's suggesting boards for Raptor Lake are "over-engineered" given the number of compromises they're supposed to have.

I do not think you are aware of how much faster 13th gen Intel is as you have not got one, unless of course you work for Intel. RPL will at best beat Zen 4 by a coupel % single thread and loose multi thread in my opinion. Unfortunately for Intel i think RPL wont be out until after Zen 4 3D which in my opinion again will beat RPL hands down. AM5 is the biggest trump card as that will offer socket longevitty. I also think the AMD IMC will be stringer then Intels as only supporting DDR5 and it seems Intel has no GEN 5 M.2 CPU support which suc ks. AMD seems to be the dominatant chp in the enthusiast / DIY market so may be time to take off your blue pants and put on some red ones, at least for a couple generations

SAying all that i will probably upgrade my Intel system to Gen 14 when it finally releases but will keep the big daddy system as AMD
Curious how much do they pay you?

You complain he doesn’t know for certain how fast 13th gen will be then you go ahead guessing how fast zen 4 is.

You also state AM5 will be the enthusiasts choice. I have news for you. The actually ebtuthusiasts are the ones that buy the fastest system available at the time. Who makes the CPU is irrelevant.

Also gen 5 m2 support lol. A few years before that is relevant if even then.

Soldato
Meteor Lake is LGA 1851, so new socket and therefore new board.

I'm not sure who's suggesting boards for Raptor Lake are "over-engineered" given the number of compromises they're supposed to have.

Was on about AM5 boards being over engineered indicating longevity socket support

Associate
Curious how much do they pay you?

You complain he doesn’t know for certain how fast 13th gen will be then you go ahead guessing how fast zen 4 is.

You also state AM5 will be the enthusiasts choice. I have news for you. The actually ebtuthusiasts are the ones that buy the fastest system available at the time. Who makes the CPU is irrelevant.

Also gen 5 m2 support lol. A few years before that is relevant if even then.
I did not state the speed is fact, i clearly stated in my opinion whuiich is very different to presenting somethibng as fact. I did not say AM5 was the enthusiast chocice, i said AMD was currently the enthusiast choice as supported by thsi article here https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-cpus...der-lake-in-germany-but-diy-sales-on-decline/ . As for who makes the cpu being irrelevant i totally agree, in my opinion i just do not see Intel being the best choice at the moment partly due to the shocking socket support.As for your comment on Gen 5 m.2 i'll quote you when you said "enthusiasts want the fastest"

Again re read my post, re performace i never state anything as fact.

Associate
13900K 8+16 trading blows in multi thread with 16 core Zen4 / faster in single thread and up to 8C/16T.
13700K 8+8 faster in multi/single thread compared to 12 core Zen4
13600K 6+8 faster in multi/single thread compared to 8 core Zen4
13500K 6+4 faster in multi/single thread compared to 6 core Zen4

I did not state the speed is fact, i clearly stated in my opinion whuiich is very different to presenting somethibng as fact. I did not say AM5 was the enthusiast chocice, i said AMD was currently the enthusiast choice as supported by thsi article here https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-cpus...der-lake-in-germany-but-diy-sales-on-decline/ . As for who makes the cpu being irrelevant i totally agree, in my opinion i just do not see Intel being the best choice at the moment partly due to the shocking socket support.As for your comment on Gen 5 m.2 i'll quote you when you said "enthusiasts want the fastest"

Again re read my post, re performace i never state anything as fact.
Lol yet you pull people also present their opinion. Also did you just link a wccftech. I mean seriously.

Associate
Lol yet you pull people also present their opinion. Also did you just link a wccftech. I mean seriously.
The person i was commenting on was writing as a matter of fact not opinion, big difference. Also the person i commented on rehgularly uses WCFtech as there main source of news plus the article is supoorted with evidence and is not one of there speculative articles.

Soldato

Intel Core i9-13900K CPU on Geekbench with 5.5 GHz turbo clock​

Source: https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-c...appears-on-geekbench-with-5-5-ghz-turbo-clock

Videocardz said:
The score of this new CPU shouldn’t be compared with any existing product due to the issue with timers on the system. However, just assuming that this is a non-issue, the Core i9-13900K would be 7% faster in single-core and 37% faster in multi-core in the same Geekbench 5 test than Core i9-12900K based on official ranking.

7% increased ST and 37% MT on a buggy system with 'timer' issues. Quite some extra performance from a 'refresh' - compare this to 4770 Haswell and 4790k Devil's Canyon lol!

Back
Top Bottom