Rare white deer shot because it was getting dark.

Soldato
I wonder where it had come in from. Bootle isn't exactly bordering the countryside.

Its a shame no-one could be found to tranquilize it. We've got what I would have thought would be the relevant expertise: Knowsley Safari Park, Chester Zoo and Leahurst Veterinary College all relatively nearby.

Caporegime
Welcome to the human race. The only life that has any value attached is human life.

And the police are terrified of being sued. Karen, 35, told reporters, "Ermagerd, I saw a deer, and my darling daughter was so shocked she started crying! I demand compensation! She could have trod in some deer poo! Won't somebody think of the children? We can't have deer living in places that are clearly for humans only. We own this planet, dammit. I wish they'd shoot the pigeons, too. And the foxes."

Soldato
Yes that was a poor show all round. There was much better ways to deal with that situation. I understand the police worrying it may have caused an accident but the easy cure was to setup a net and net the animal and then move it to a safe place. Tranquillisers can be a problem in such a space for the animal and the people as they take time to work and as the animal feels it is getting drowsy it can freak out and hurt itself. Netting it would have been the best plan and then while restrained given a tranquilliser.

Ashame was a very nice looking animal :(.

Soldato
Yes that was a poor show all round. There was much better ways to deal with that situation. I understand the police worrying it may have caused an accident but the easy cure was to setup a net and net the animal and then move it to a safe place. Tranquillisers can be a problem in such a space for the animal and the people as they take time to work and as the animal feels it is getting drowsy it can freak out and hurt itself. Netting it would have been the best plan and then while restrained given a tranquilliser.

That doesn't sound particularly easy, especially if you don't have a) a deer net, and b) a tranquiliser.

Soldato
The usual superheroes out to explain their exceptional hindsight and then crawl back into their holes to do nothing about it.

A net? lol, right.

Deers, stags especially, kill..

Tea Drinker
Don
Rare, not really there are several in the field in front of me every evening.

A lost full size stag frantic and afraid in an urban area is very dangerous. Poor police couldn't win here the only winner is the media clicky clicky

Soldato
damn

that is a shame that trying to herd it out of town, or at least somewhere where it could be contained until they found someone to shift it wasn't an option.
Cornering a wild animal is a bad idea.

There are some process issues with your idea, like how are they going to get the net on the animal? You can't expect humans to approach this thing without a huge risk of injury or death.

Soldato
Rare, not really there are several in the field in front of me every evening.

A lost full size stag frantic and afraid in an urban area is very dangerous. Poor police couldn't win here the only winner is the media clicky clicky
Great, now we're going to have mass panic ... buying? of rare white stags.

Thanks, Obama.

Back
Top Bottom