Rare white deer shot because it was getting dark.

Soldato
We get a lot of deer round here. Having twice stopped in traffic and led panicked deer off the road, myself, I don't see what the ******* problem was. I've known other people who've done it, and a couple of local cops who've dealt with similar situations... No-one had to shoot the animals in question and none of the people were harmed by the animals in question.
This town may be an inbred redneck dumping ground, but it seems the locals still have some basic common sense left!!

Soldato
A very American solution.

Not particularly. If those that are equipped to handle these situations won't help, then those that aren't equipped but are having to deal with this type of situation can only do what they can.

We get a lot of deer round here. Having twice stopped in traffic and led panicked deer off the road, myself, I don't see what the ******* problem was.

Bit different in a busy town where leading a deer off the road just means in wanders into another. In this case it needed proper intervention by someone/an organisation that knew handle to deal with these situations.

Associate
Read the book 'against empathy'. People find it very easy to get worked up about one death but extremely difficult to get worked up about millions. It's why charity posters say 'ahmed has 12 sisters and no parents blah blah' rather than 1m afghans die each year.
Indeed. There's an element of Socratic irony in what I'm saying. But also I'm curious about people's descriptions of why this deer matters more than (for example) slaughterhouses.

Soldato
Bit different in a busy town where leading a deer off the road just means in wanders into another. In this case it needed proper intervention by someone/an organisation that knew handle to deal with these situations.
Busy town?
I live in Reading. It's the largest and busiest town in the UK... !!

Man of Honour
Yes that was a poor show all round. There was much better ways to deal with that situation. I understand the police worrying it may have caused an accident but the easy cure was to setup a net and net the animal and then move it to a safe place. Tranquillisers can be a problem in such a space for the animal and the people as they take time to work and as the animal feels it is getting drowsy it can freak out and hurt itself. Netting it would have been the best plan and then while restrained given a tranquilliser.

Ashame was a very nice looking animal :(.

Ever tried to box in and catch a frightened animal ? It is a very hard task.

I don't like to see any animal killed however if that animal is deer sized then it is very difficult to catch and will jump onto cars, bonnets, walls or anything its instincts tell it to do and if the deer is causing potential worry for getting onto a road where there are cars and pedestrians then a decision has to be made fast. If that deer ran onto a road then driver may well swerve to avoid and cause collateral damage. It was an awful decision to make but ultimately it was the right one.

Soldato
Either you (@FoxEye lets avoid anymore confusions here) didn't understand my post or you (@FoxEye) has just admitted that @Slam62 is your (@FoxEye) alternative account. We shall let the readers decide;).

So in florida they let gators freely roam around narrow streets lined with terraced housing that have no front gardens and far away from their expected point of habitation? Well we learn something new everyday.

Yes for the most part.
If a gator\bear is in your pool, you call the cops.
And they deal with it with out killing the animal.

Did you really think that gators\bears\dear are all fenced up in FL :cry:

Soldato
Yes for the most part.
If a gator\bear is in your pool, you call the cops.
And they deal with it with out killing the animal.

Did you really think that gators\bears\dear are all fenced up in FL :cry:

Those are some very interesting terraced houses, in your video. They must be made of the new invisble brick that i have been hearing about. Also I've never seen green tarmac before must be a florida thing. Do they really fill your pot holes with sand? I know America is a pretty big country so I could see why you would conisder that to be a narrow street.

Wow things really are different over in America. I am learning so much today.

Caporegime
It was a residential area, no? 30mph? If you're driving too fast to be able to avoid a deer you're probably driving too fast to avoid a child. Once it gets out of the residential area it probably finds a field or woodland to disappear into. I guess it could head for the nearest motorway or airport if it was a terrorist deer intent or wreaking destruction on humanity through bloody self-sacrifice.

In bootle?

Soldato
Those are some very interesting terraced houses, in your video. They must be made of the new invisble brick that i have been hearing about. Also I've never seen green tarmac before must be a florida thing. Do they really fill your pot holes with sand? I know America is a pretty big country so I could see why you would conisder that to be a narrow street.

Wow things really are different over in America. I am learning so much today.

Stop being a drama queen\king

Here you go. A very large black bear in NY

https://www.weny.com/story/44667942...ack-bear-spotted-roaming-through-neighborhood

It's not a big deal...it's just a bear

Back
Top Bottom