Rats!

Associate
Well, noticed some rats playing.in my garden. This is something which happens yearly. We've a untidy neighbour with dog kennels which is where they seem to.come.from.

Normally I'd call the council but they now charge £70 to.deal with Rats and they have a 6 week wait. Next cheapest is 195£!!

Does anyone know what is the strongest poison I can buy?

I've looked here and the blocks look like.the ones the guy who used to come here used..

https://www.pestcontrolsupermarket.com/rat-poison-62-c.asp

So any recommendations. I'm just not ket on paying.nearly 200£ for.somthing when I could do it myself

Soldato
Plus you don't know where they're going to run off to die, could get smelly.

I've quite a bit of experience dealing with them, traps are always best and some of the most effective are simple DIY so super cheap.

Most effective one I used was the bottle/can over water bucket trap. Very simple idea and design but works brilliantly, slightly different to the below but the same principle.

Associate
OP

I've quite a bit of experience dealing with them, traps are always best and some of the most effective are simple DIY so super cheap.

Most effective one I used was the bottle/can over water bucket trap. Very simple idea and design but works brilliantly, slightly different to the below but the same principle.

Thanks

Associate
I paid the council to come but they still came back. I then bought a second hand air rifle from an OCUK member to sort the problem myself! No more rat problems....

Soldato
Please consider other wildlife when using poison and traps.
We used to hide them on a shelf off the ground with a difficult little walkway to it. Thus hedgehogs, stotes and foxes are unable to get to it.

We still get mice now and then but the birds keep them at bay mostly. But haven’t had a rat in a while and tend to only have traps and poison in the lofts and barn mezzanine as they’re not a bother anywhere else.

Soldato

This is a great solution, poison isn’t ideal.

Associate

That's a brilliant idea love it

Soldato
Wax or grain based rat poison bait isn’t expensive and nor are bait boxes. We had an issue with rats eating our chicken food now we keep the bait boxes loaded and limit amount of food in chicken feeder. Problem has largely gone away.

Soldato
That bucket of water is sick and I don't mean that is a trendy good way. It's beyond cruel, especially for catching mice.

My garden is full of mice and they do no harm.

Soldato
That bucket of water is sick and I don't mean that is a trendy good way. It's beyond cruel, especially for catching mice.

My garden is full of mice and they do no harm.
Yeah, we've got mice in the garden. See them running about occasionally.

That's kind of where they're supposed to be, the outdoors. Quite like looking out for them, to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom