Razer Mamba, Any Good??!?!?!

Associate
Hey,

I was just looking around for a gaming mouse, since i have never had 1... but play a lot of FPS... all of the people i play with say there is a huge difference *lol*
Do they make a big difference in gaming?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-039-RA
Is the Razer Mamba any good? Don't care about the price... or would you recommend some other mouse

Thanks for any replies ;)

Associate
if u play at high sensitivities then laser would be ok and this appears to be the best laser mouse there is.

but optical is still better than laser and much much MUCH cheaper. u would find a bigger difference using a good optical. Inteli 3.0 or mx518, the latter i cant recommend enough as many will have noticed on these forums

this is to everyone asking the question of "which mouse?"

do yourself and your bank balance a favour and buy what despite the cost is a superiour mouse; get an mx518

Associate
Gaming mice make a huge difference over bog standard ones - extra buttons and just overall more smoothness, as well as pixel perfect precision.

I have no doubt the mamba is very good, but do you really think an extra £90 over every other mouse is justified? Do yourself a favour and get a cheaper one with a good quality mousemat (which really do make a difference over bog standard ones). Then with the £70 you saved you could go and get very, very drunk.

I vote MX518 as well, even as a 3 year old mouse it still is incredibly good.

Soldato
I would definitely recommend a Razer mouse, however I think over £100 for the Mamba is a bit of a joke. I have a Copperhead but I am sure the Deathadder is just as good and is really cheap. Combine that with a Razer mousemat for about £15 on top and you have a winning combo.

I just got this one from OcUK and it made a big improvement to the use of my Copperhead over my previous Icemat I used - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GS-005-RA&groupid=702&catid=32&subcat=

Associate
A mate in the US has had one for a couple of weeks now and continues to rave on about it, swearing he'll never use another mouse again... but what a jaw dropping price for a mouse... I couldn't justify it, myself, without a good, long test-drive!

Soldato
The price is pathetic. At the end of the day it is a mouse, of which an almost identical wired version (Deathadder) is available at a fraction of the price.

Who on God's earth needs 5200 DPI? I find anything faster than 800 is just too much. Get either the Copperhead (my favourite), Deathadder or MX518, along with a decent mat.

Soldato
Razer fans: Deathadder/Lachesis/Habu.

Lolitech fans: MX518/G9

(guess you can tell which applies to me)

In regards to the Mamba:

I've been drewling over my mates all weekend and I have to say it is like nothing I have ever used before, it's insanely responsive, very comfortable and the fact it is wireless not only makes it nicer to use but makes NO differance to performace.

It beats anything else ever made hands down, I've used the MX518 and the G9 from Logitech, the Lachesis and Deathadder from Razer and the Mamba beats every single one.

However, the price is extortionate, it may be mind blowing but it is not worth £120, at most I would say £80. You are paying for a LOT of badge and a LOT of needless extras *cough*insane packaging*cough*.

Associate
£120 may not be justified, but man it is so awesome!

Got mine from OCUK today here are some pics:
img0949768x1024.jpg

img09551024x768.jpg

img09561024x768.jpg

img09571024x768.jpg

Associate
Does the wireless sensor need to be level with the mouse?, im asking because i have a pullout desk with very little room to have the sensor there.

Back
Top Bottom