Razer support terrible - watch out if your device goes wrong...

Soldato
So thought I would share this, I actually bought this device in a rainforest, thank god for that in the end... Spent well over 100 quid on the nice fancy mamba, and after a year but less than 2 years I started to get issues where the mouse would just stop working, wired or non wired, not that regular, but in a 3 - 4 hour period it might occur 3 - 4 times... you could pick the mouse up, bang it a bit and it would come straight back... Trawling the web, there seem to be quite a lot of issues with mamba sensors - I was unaware of this when I bought it and I have to say I love Razer mice... Anyway raised a support call as I assumed it would be handled by Razer as it was over one year and got this list of requirements back

Hi, *****

Thank you for contacting Razer Support. We are glad to assist you.

We appreciate your effort in letting us know about your recent experience with Razer. We understand that you are having an issue with your Razer mouse. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

To further assist you, please provide the following:

1. When did the issue start and what happened prior to the issue?

2. What have you done so far in trying to fix the issue?

3. Does the issue persists even in wired mode?

4. May I know the store and exact date of purchase of the device?

5. Please attach a copy of your receipt/invoice for the product.

6. May I please have the serial number of the device?

1. Please send us at least 30 seconds of video recording showcasing the issue.
(Please see the instructions on how to get a video)

1. Position your recording device where it would have a clear view of both your TV screen/monitor and your mouse.

2. If all your devices are already powered on and ready for use, open any app or game that you normally use

3. Start recording.

4. Use your mouse like you normally do.

5. Once the issue is noticeable, make sure that the mouse is visible and is being operated.

6. Position the cursor in the TV screen/monitor wherein the behavior can be captured clearly in the video.

7. Stop and save the recording.

8. Upload the video file on google drive and attach a shareable link on your reply.

So I sent them an email basically saying are you taking the pee here, I have owned Razer mice literally since I was about 18, I am now 40, there is clearly a problem here, you don't need a video, and to be frank I cannot be bothered to produce one, I just want to send it back to you...

They then noted I had bought it from said "rainforest" and said - just take it up with them'

They have issued me straightaway a full refund but said this is not what they would expect and they will investigate. They were not happy at all that I was being asked to provide video evidence of a fault.

Anyway, just written an email to Razer to let them know they have just lost a customer for life, all I wanted was an RMA! What a shambles they are... So now the proud owner of a logitech.. Lets see how it goes.....

Anyone else had dealings with Razer? I expected much better TBH.

LP

Soldato
I don't see any issue with what there asking, seems to me like you couldn't be arsed just wanted a return with no questions asked or testing

If anything giving as much details as possible in an rma helps (I used to do a returns job so speaking from experience)

In regards to dealing with them no but I have had three of there mice all fail out of warranty and find there quality mostly crap so won't touch em again and haven't for years

Caporegime
So, I've got a Corsair M65 mouse.

Recently it just "died".
There was lights on it, but clicking did nothing and tracking didn't work.
Tried it in another device and got the same symptoms. Must be broke.

Got in touch with the rain forest place to arrange a return.
Anyway, I get transferred to Corsair with some basic troubleshooting tips.

Now, if I had your attitude I'd have told them to shove it etc. However, because I'm not an arse I followed through with the instructions.

Unplugged my mouse and then kept hold of the left/right click button and then plug it back into the PC.
And as if my magic, my mouse jumped back into life. I can only assume it does some sort of internal reset etc.

The point is. There's legitimate reasons for following through with manufacturers wishes, even if they seem silly.

Man of Honour
You should have replied back "I don't have a video or audio recording device. Please send one to me or advise next steps".

Soldato
OP
What really annoyed me was I had already supplied the serial number and made a point of stating it was an intermittent fault that happened a few times per session. Am U supposed to sit their poised waiting for the moment to video the failure... They know there are well publicised sensor issues with the mamba as well, maybe I was being a bit lazy but when I spend £140 on a mouse and I can tell its knackered I just want to send it back for another, not jump through a load of hoops. .

Its a mute point now though, bought a G Pro from Logitech and will see how that goes. First impressions are it is superior and I should have moved away from Razer a good while ago.

Permabanned
Relax thier gear sucks its basically a chinese guy using his connection back home in China to sell overpriced fragile chinese made plastic at Western prices to a mostly Western market.

Name me a good product they have, And i will tell you why its trash. You start with the bloated spyware called Synapse, Then you move to the dubious Chinese quality control and finally a big topping of poor 2yr warranty on thier poor quality products. Basically what i am saying is the company is a joke, People wiser and more experienced in tech will look at a Corsair mouse or a Sennheiser headset. People who know nothing like the old me buy Razer bloatware. I Mean can you ever run the mouse these days with the software disabled? Like my ROG mouse? Probably not because Huwaei i mean Razer want all that yummy infographics from you.

Soldato
Name me a good product they have, And i will tell you why its trash.

I have a Razer mousemat (cos its green) and mouse bungee (free).

I did have the 2017 Deathadder but it failed after a year. Went for a Zowie after that and it's been great.
I avoid Razer products though as they are just not worth it.

Associate
I had a razer death adder mouse and it's middle click failed about 6 months out of warranty, which is annoying as use it all the time in games and open browser links/scrolling, turns out it's a known issue for years and when I opened the mouse the middle button is completely different to the right and left. Wouldn't be my first choice even though liked the mouse.

Don
On the flipside..

Had a Boomslang 2000, always perfect (besides dust in the rollers :o )

Copperhead, had USB detection issues, sent back for a refund.

Had my Razer DeathAdder for 8 years, it was my work mouse during the day and gaming mouse at night, had a LOT of use. Middle click started failing, so I replaced it with a DeathAdder Chroma, had that coming up to 5 years.

If my Chroma dies, I'll just get another one. :)

Permabanned
I have a Razer mousemat (cos its green) and mouse bungee (free).

I did have the 2017 Deathadder but it failed after a year. Went for a Zowie after that and it's been great.
I avoid Razer products though as they are just not worth it.

I moved to a Modmymachine slamepad i used to use a goliathus but realized the material used is probably harmful and how many will we throw out?

Slamepad is life time mousepad, Just protect it with teflon mouse feet tape and also how do you get the smell out of those mousepads that are cloth? And the plastic pads wear down to an uneven surface. As i said like lmost of the crap that comes from China it is a pollutant.

Soldato
another person who thinks it's awesomely clever to say "rainforest"
where'd you form that opinion from? you are aware that it's against the forum rules to mention competitors. you can of course talk about the fact that amazon sell toasters, for example, as ocuk don't sell those. but mentioning the rainforest site when talking about mice is likely breaking the rules.

Soldato
I’ve had a deathadder for about 10 years. Gets used all day nearly every day and has not skipped a beat. Using it with standard windows drivers.

Associate
where'd you form that opinion from? you are aware that it's against the forum rules to mention competitors. you can of course talk about the fact that amazon sell toasters, for example, as ocuk don't sell those. but mentioning the rainforest site when talking about mice is likely breaking the rules.
Until they stock the razer toaster, and other kitchen range :)

Associate
I'm with the OP here, they're clearly just giving him hoops to jump through so he'll go away. Every razer mouse I've owned has failed within 18 months and getting a replacement had been a massive hassle. If they charged £20-£30 it would be more understandable but when you're paying the premium they charge you expect the customer service to match that premium.

Soldato
Only ever had a Boomslang and that was way back in 2000. That thing creaked like god knows, so stuck it back in it's tin, to never be seen again.

I won't really buy into their brand again, as I think they're hugely over priced.

Back
Top Bottom