Reacher - Amazon TV series 2022

Soldato
The only issue I have is that he’s portrayed as being perfect, he outsmarts / overpowers / openly mocks everyone like a smart arse and never at any point seems to be challenged. Makes for a pretty dull watch.

Agreed but i didn't find it dull though, thanks to the plotline. It was good how it kept me guessing what was going on until they revealed it. Some shows the plot is blatant.

Makes me keen to pick up one of the books. Maube when I'm on holiday next month.

Soldato
Yea Amazon compression is poor.

I've seen better on Amazon, my guess is it's also fake UHD, upscaled 1080p at best, the worst PQ I've seen so far in the show is the first 5 minutes of ep2 when reacher and the cop are in the woman's living room the cop is a blurry red and green mess. I'd say it has the worst PQ I've ever seen for a show, even H.265 1080p compression has a better PQ.

Soldato
Finished watching this last night and I really enjoyed it. It was good to see Alan Ritchson in something where he plays the lead. I enjoyed his character in Blue Mountain State even though he's an over-the-top jock in a very silly comedy show. Reacher was a total contrast.

In response to him outsmarting everyone, that's just who he is. He's very meticulous and that's portrayed right from the start. He doesn't rush into things and analyses everything due to who he is and his upbringing.

I'm interested to see what direction they take it in next season.

Oh and I thought his interactions with Finlay were great. It was nice to have two intelligent characters feeding off of each other. Especially everytime Reacher would say "Details matter" and then eventually Finlay picked that up too. It was a nice touch.

GJM

GJM

Associate
Loved this. Says something when plot sometimes a bit far fetched/cheap but it's well done enough to keep me pretty hooked.

Soldato
Just finished it and really enjoyed it. It's been a while since I read the book but this is as close to a straight tradition as I could hope for.
My wife particularly enjoyed all the partially dressed Reacher scenes. . Quite the refreshing rarity to have lots of man skin and only one scene of Roscoe naked. Quite the reversal.

Caporegime
Having never read the books I really enjoyed this. Well apart from the last two episodes. The fighting when he lured the 4 guys in his commando face paint was terrible. I mean he got his arse whipped by the townie with the crowbar which seemed very out of context. I mean he got hit multiple times full whack in the head and he gets a second wind under water. The guy even without the crow bar out fought him.

Same with the final shoot out. I mean his back up was in full view with no cover sniping while the bad guys had automatic weapons. Then Reacher enters with a hand gun.

Soldato
Having never read the books I really enjoyed this. Well apart from the last two episodes. The fighting when he lured the 4 guys in his commando face paint was terrible. I mean he got his arse whipped by the townie with the crowbar which seemed very out of context. I mean he got hit multiple times full whack in the head and he gets a second wind under water. The guy even without the crow bar out fought him.

Same with the final shoot out. I mean his back up was in full view with no cover sniping while the bad guys had automatic weapons. Then Reacher enters with a hand gun.

I wasn't keen on that scene either. He destroyed the prisoners in the shower scene and I thought, yessss, that's the Reacher I've been wanting to see on screen. Then he struggled with the little guy with the crowbar. :(

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Nice switch off and not worry about what's going on series, Reacher basically played an emotionless Arnie Terminator with robot forensic IQ pre-programmed into him and it worked just fine, looking forward to season 2.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Enjoying this, switch off and just enjoy. One of those shows where everyone just seems to be having fun making it and it pays off on the screen.

Soldato
We have just watched this and it was OK to watch, having read all the Lee Childs books previously.

Pleasantly surprised to notice the cameo role of Lee Childs in the final episode, in the diner at the end.
Nice touch how the author and the character he created meet, with Reacher looking back at him as they pass each other....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom