Reacher - Amazon TV series 2022

Associate
well we know that season 2 is greenlight with filming to being this summer with possible airing early next year, but current rumor is suggesting that they plan to shoot season 2 and 3 back to back, even thought there is no official word that season 3 is approved.

Caporegime
Yes, it's brilliant. We smashed it out over 2 or 3 nights
I've read the book (which wasn't amazing) and watched the first 3 or 4 episodes and it's just OK so far, does it get better? The guy playing Reacher is a pretty awful actor and just walks around robotically a lot - they've deviated quite a lot from the book at times, mostly for the worse.

I'm not sure I can be bothered to finish it at this point.

Soldato
I haven't read the books but if it's live everything else, it wont be as good as the book.

We went into it expecting a shut your brain off action series and got what we expected. It's predictable and the story is more or less forgetable but there are a few nice action scenes. I was probably overstating it saying it was brilliant but we both really enjoyed it.

He's no Jack Bauer but it was good fun.

Caporegime
I've just been watching this, wanted some cheesy/mindless action movie type TV and this seems to fit the bill nicely.

I've not read the books (am assuming they're like "airport novel" type books?), this TV series certainly isn't on a par with the likes of Bosch (which is frankly excellent).

I have seen the first film and didn't mind the Tom Cruise/short thing, if anything it was more interesting to have Reacher as an unassuming guy who is highly skilled/competent at fighting rather than this massive muscular bloke that apparently random average height goons are still quite happy to take a swing at.

Obvs it's not big on being realistic, it's just a cheesy, watch the hero beat the bad guys, get the girl etc.. type thing.

Pet Northerner
Don
I've just been watching this, wanted some cheesy/mindless action movie type TV and this seems to fit the bill nicely.

I've not read the books (am assuming they're like "airport novel" type books?), this TV series certainly isn't on a par with the likes of Bosch (which is frankly excellent).

I have seen the first film and didn't mind the Tom Cruise/short thing, if anything it was more interesting to have Reacher as an unassuming guy who is highly skilled/competent at fighting rather than this massive muscular bloke that apparently random average height goons are still quite happy to take a swing at.

Obvs it's not big on being realistic, it's just a cheesy, watch the hero beat the bad guys, get the girl etc.. type thing.

Big Reacher is book accurate, he's a man mountain.

Books are dumb AF but really enjoyable page turners - exactly as you describe (I always take the newest on on my holidays for beach reading)!

Caporegime
That's how he is put across in the books.
Ah didn't know, was worried he would face little challenge or issue as a result. Funny that the one person that held his own against him and even almost beat him was the hick nephew, though crowbars do help in those situations.

jcr

jcr

Associate
i thought the show went downhill after the first couple of episodes, by the end id completely lost interest and found something else to do whilst my girlfriend finished it off.

Soldato
Bit late to the party, but I've just binged this over the last 2-3 days. Quite enjoyable, but never really got the impression that the lead can act. Culminating in them having to very badly CGI a tear in for him at the end.

Still, it was fairly watchable nonetheless. I guess the character doesn't really require a lot of acting, given he's supposed to be rather taciturn.

Soldato
OP
Wait, wait, wait - They're already remaking Mr & Mrs Smith with comedy actor turned musician Childish Gambino replacing Brad Pitt and an 8st wet-through comedy actress replacing Angelina Jolie - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, this'll make billions I tell you, maybe even trillions!!!!!!!!! :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
Wait, wait, wait - They're already remaking Mr & Mrs Smith with comedy actor turned musician Childish Gambino replacing Brad Pitt and an 8st wet-through comedy actress replacing Angelina Jolie - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, this'll make billions I tell you, maybe even trillions!!!!!!!!! :D
It won't make anything...it's made for streaming to give content to Amazon prime customers.

Soldato
OP
It won't make anything...it's made for streaming to give content to Amazon prime customers.

I think that idea is very much changing - Just a few weeks ago Amazon's CEO started looking into why it's "Original Content" Prime TV shows were costing too much and yet bringing in far too little via new subscribers etc, so I think the original idea that these are being "made for content" looks to be rapidly changing into "this had better bring in money". It's claimed he's already axed 37 projects saving a potential $7 Billion already, thats some absolutely crazy numbers for TV shows -

Until I saw the news stories, I couldn't grasp just how much money Amazon was throwing at these OC TV shows. I'm talking Marvel MCU/Indiana Jones Film level budgets of $300 Million and higher for very limited episode numbers. For example "Citadel" cost £250 Million for just 6 episodes and it didn't get very good reviews from critics or viewers, or the Lord of the Rings issues with, again, a huge budget (supposedly $1 Billion+) for just 8 episodes which again was reviewed poorly from the viewers (the people spending money) with only 37% making to the end. I know Amazons a huge company but those "loses" are unsustainable for any publicly traded company so it's understandable why the CEO is taking a good look.

***EDIT*** - On the other hand shows like Reacher (to keep this relevant) and Terminal List I think those shows which have been reviewed positively, possibly are "safe" types of show and might escape the eye of the CEO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom