Reading and Leeds 2008

Associate
This is the Friday Lineup Confirmed (Thanks to Punktastic)

THE MAIN STAGE

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE
THE FRATELLIS
THE ENEMY
BIFFY CLYRO
SERJ TANKIAN
DIZZEE RASCAL
TAKING BACK SUNDAY
GET CAPE, WEAR CAPE, FLY
ANTI-FLAG

The RADIO ONE / NME STAGE

BABYSHAMBLES
THE WOMBATS
VAMPIRE WEEKEND
MGMT

Soldato
Please post links in here tonight for the ticket rush :p

I'll be here all nigth refreshing page after page till i get my ticket paid for. Took me ages last year.

Soldato
That is awful apart from Rage and maybe QOTSA, still it has to be done.

I'd see TBS and Dizzee too but thats about it. Nothing to make me wanna stay at the Main Stage for the day. Fingers crossed that they have finalised the deal to get Weezer to play, I know they've been trying to get them over the past few weeks.

Associate
I dunno i'd say i'm fairly happy with that Considering. I'll definitely see RATM, QotSA, Biffy Clyro, possibly TBS and GC,WC,F if theres nout else on. The best bands are often in the tents anyway.

I think it compares to last years fairly well:
My Rough opinion on the bands <, =, or >

THE MAIN STAGE

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE > RAZORLIGHT
QUEENS OF THE STONE = KINGS OF LEON
THE FRATELLIS < INTERPOL
THE ENEMY < MAXIMO PARK
BIFFY CLYRO = JIMMY EAT WORLD
SERJ TANKIAN = GOSSIP
DIZZEE RASCAL = GOGOL BORDELLO
TAKING BACK SUNDAY > LONG BLONDES
GET CAPE, WEAR CAPE, FLY > LITTLE MAN TATE
ANTI-FLAG = THE PIPETTES

Last edited:
Associate
Looking at the Radio One Stage though, this years effort is Poor.

BABYSHAMBLES < ASH
THE WOMBATS < BRAND NEW
VAMPIRE WEEKEND < SUBWAYS
MGMT < ENTER SHIKARI

Associate
This is very true, glad it's not anyone that i'm bothered about seeing or i'd be gutted.

I can see the crowd for Rage being HUGE! I mean even more so than i expected, as i don't think Babyshambles are that popular to be honest. Not compared to previous Radio One Headliners.

Associate
Ignoring personal tastes, i'm on about size.

Think how popular Enter Shikari were last year, among certain circles anyway, bigger than MGMT, who i'd wager most people have never heard of.

And I'd argue Brand New were a far better band than the Wombats, i don't mind the 2 songs i've heard of Wombats, but they just have the one Album and are second headlining the Tent, what do Brand New have..3-4 Albums?

Soldato
Ignoring personal tastes, i'm on about size.

Think how popular Enter Shikari were last year, among certain circles anyway, bigger than MGMT, who i'd wager most people have never heard of.

And I'd argue Brand New were a far better band than the Wombats, i don't mind the 2 songs i've heard of Wombats, but they just have the one Album and are second headlining the Tent, what do Brand New have..3-4 Albums?

size... does not determin how good the band is :|

MGMT - are just really starting out in the circle of "omg new band i love them etc" ... so wont have as big of a following as ES. they have only just released their first album, and at least i can say, their album IS actually music... ES is screaming with some random keys that isnt played right.. terrible! sorry but i cant see the attraction.. not even a tiny bit!

personally i like Brand New... but am probably bias towards wombats, as ive spent quite a bit of time with em! ended up staying at the bassist flat once .. along with dave mccabe from zutons... dont actually know how we ended up there but ye!! lol

but ye.. i agree on size is bigger in terms of albums etc.. but quality is far from impo..

slightly more OT... go and see Vampire Weekend, their bloody awesome! music making at is best :D

Associate
Just had a quick scout through this thread and didn't see any other mentions, but Greenday are self confirmed! Their tour page has the weekend blocked out for 'Reading/Leeds festival' but doesn't say which days they are playing where!

Not looking bad this year.

Associate
Green Day have had that there since 2005 mate, sorry ;)

The Saturday lineup is leaked as is Sundays.

All i can say is TENACIOUS D!!!! They are going to be the highlight of the weekend for me. Along with FEEDER!

Give me a mo and i'll post it all here

Last edited:
Associate
Punktastic:

Friday:

MAIN STAGE

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE
THE FRATELLIS
THE ENEMY
BIFFY CLYRO
SERJ TANKIAN
DIZZEE RASCAL
TAKING BACK SUNDAY
GET CAPE, WEAR CAPE, FLY
ANTI-FLAG

The RADIO ONE / NME STAGE

BABYSHAMBLES
THE WOMBATS
VAMPIRE WEEKEND
MGMT

SATURDAY

MAIN STAGE

The Killers
Bloc Party
The Raconteurs
Editors
We Are Scientists
Dirty Pretty Things
The Subways

R1 TENT

Manic Street Preachers
Bullet For My Valentine
Justice
Foals

SUNDAY

Main Stage

Metallica
Slipknot
Tenacious D
Feeder

R1 Tent

The Cribs
Pendulum

Associate
the Killers have just been announced as headliners for Reading & Leeds Festivals in the Summer.

Playing Leeds Sunday 25th, and Reading Saturday 24th, Brandon Flowers and the band will be performing much-loved hits and newer tracks from their latest album Sawdust.

Stay tuned for more news about the festival line-up.....

from the leeds official site

http://www.leedsfestival.com/news/story.aspx?AID=61205e66-5f21-4fca-97aa-9ce3430caab0#

Associate
Anyone else tempted to buy a few tickets? I'm going to buy two Leeds/two Reading, not because I want to sell them on for profit.. I'm still up in the air as to whether i'm going yet, I have friends going to both so im going to buy a couple of tickets for each, knowing that i'll at least get my money back if no profit

Back
Top Bottom