Reading FC

Associate
Like a lot of reading fans I've followed Stevie Coppel's example and kept quiet about what we have achieved and what we can achieve this year. But now that we have reached the 40 point safety zone, I think its time to dream about what else we can do this year.

What we have done is like a dream for the fans, a small cheap squad (team sheet normally has players worth £4 million in total on it) has managed to get to safety in 26 games. And that was our wish for the season. Our brand of football is not pretty but highly effective - even chelsea and manu have struggled for points against us.

We had a poor December as expected for a small squad facing chelsea and manu within a week, but have bounced back with a great run of 4 wins and a draw including a 6-0 drubbing of hapless west ham.

I am starting to think that a uefa spot is possible - what are your views.

Soldato
Reading have been fantastic this season. I think they're performing better than Wigan this time last season?

If Reading stick at it, and keep playing without fear then I think a UEFA cup place is possible. The table is still very close and things can change very quickly , like with Wigan last year..So one shouldn't get carried away yet :p

Theres some tough and important set of fixtures coming up for them in the next few weeks. Time will tell..

Soldato
Ex Brighton Manager Stevie Coppell and Ex Brighton player Steve Sidwell have done extremely well :)

Very pleased for the club because it just shows that clubs in lower leagues can get into the Premiership and do well.

Back
Top Bottom