• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

realbench Vs game stability? 5800x

Associate
Hi guys,

Been tinkering with the 5800x quite a bit now to bring temps down and make it as quiet as possible. Currently running it with a -0.03V dynamic vcore offset, with amd curve optimiser set to -10 or -20 depending on core and a tdp of 110. Temps are around 65 or so on a stress test.

I ran realbench overnight and was stable for 7-8 hours or so, i turned it off this morning. Jump into assassins creed valhalla and it crashes within 15 mins twice. More voltage needed?

How can i tell if the crashes are based on Bios/cpu settings and not voltages? Is there any tool which can log this stuff. I hear AC Valhalla crashes for a bunch of peopel so may not be the best indicator..

Might I be better off stock full auto and putting up with 85C/noisier under load?

Any tips, cheers!

Soldato
Try lesving it on PBO auto then try assassins creed valhall for 30 mins.
If it works you know its curve optimiser causing the crash

Associate
OP
Try lesving it on PBO auto then try assassins creed valhall for 30 mins.
If it works you know its curve optimiser causing the crash
True, that would almost be too sensible! Ill save my current settings on a new profile and change one thing at a time..

Associate
OP
:) I would save profile, then load defaults with XMP. Do your other stuff (if any) like disabling onboard sound then test.
DOH! Silly me. I realised I have a fairly aggressive OC on my GPU with afterburner. I should probably turn that off before stability testingthe CPU in game! that's probably why it passed all the benches but maybe cause some instability with afterburner

EDIT: Actually seems to be more of a problem with ubisoft games in particular and some cloud saving.. Oh well :D

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Weird, realbench is my number one stability software. Never crashed in AC.

It was happening With a few other ubisoft apps. Turned of rivatuner and cloud saves in ubisoft settings and seems to have gone away... I remembered if I pass lots of stress tests it could be something else. Low Nd behold I think it's resolved now.

Associate
What cooler are you running? I’m only hitting just over 70c with R23 multi-core test using an Arctic Freezer 280mm, so even lower in games as they barely stress the CPU.

Associate
OP
What cooler are you running? I’m only hitting just over 70c with R23 multi-core test using an Arctic Freezer 280mm, so even lower in games as they barely stress the CPU.
I'm using an NHd15. Pbo and auto oc with default mobo settings gets lower 80s :( still having a couple game crashes with the undervolting and low power limit. Might just run stock after all this faffing.. NHd15 is a beast of cooler too.

Associate
I'm using an NHd15. Pbo and auto oc with default mobo settings gets lower 80s :( still having a couple game crashes with the undervolting and low power limit. Might just run stock after all this faffing.. NHd15 is a beast of cooler too.

Ah right. I haven't done any overclocking on the CPU yet purely because it hasn't been needed yet - games hit the GPU bottleneck first. PBO2 looks a lot more promosing though, I think you'll get more joy once launch it.

Associate
OP
Ah right. I haven't done any overclocking on the CPU yet purely because it hasn't been needed yet - games hit the GPU bottleneck first. PBO2 looks a lot more promosing though, I think you'll get more joy once launch it.
Yeh not trying to overclock but just limit the Tdpi guess to control temps bit more

Back
Top Bottom