REALLY annoying issue...

Associate
I'm looking for some assistance, I'll try and explain..

I have the Acoustic Energy Aego M (fantastic by the way) these are new and are configured as 2.1 in the control panel and windows... The problem is that the right channel is considerably louder than the left and when i run the speaker test I can hear the left speaker faintly in the right and when the right plays it's massively louder, these were connected to a SB X-FI. If i un-installed the card and then installed it would work correctly until a reboot then the same issue, I suspect a fault with the card so yesterday i purchased an Asus Xonar card installed and all working correctly, until this morning when i switched on and the same old problem...

On the Acoustic Energy speakers the volume is on the front of the sub, when it's turned right down just before the "off click" I still get sound from the right channel (quite loud), So i obviously suspect a faulty speaker system, this has now also been changed but still got the same issue..

When i had the creative 5.1 system i didn't have any issues....

Soldato
I'm not sure it's a speaker fault. To get the same specific fault with two different sets, is quite unlikely. Also you said that when you uninstalled the card, then re-installed, it would work correctly for a time. If it were the speakers, the problem might be random, but it wouldn't work every time the card is re-installed.

I'm not sure it's a fault with the actual cards, as they are different brands, and use different drivers. The chance of the same thing happening with two completely different cards is slim. The common factor, is Windows.

Can you try the speakers with any other device, just to rule them out completely. MP3 player, etc?

Associate
OP
I'm not sure it's a speaker fault. To get the same specific fault with two different sets, is quite unlikely. Also you said that when you uninstalled the card, then re-installed, it would work correctly for a time. If it were the speakers, the problem might be random, but it wouldn't work every time the card is re-installed.

I'm not sure it's a fault with the actual cards, as they are different brands, and use different drivers. The chance of the same thing happening with two completely different cards is slim. The common factor, is Windows.

Can you try the speakers with any other device, just to rule them out completely. MP3 player, etc?

Ok so this morning i have the same problem, I connect the speakers to the laptop and the problem is still there, so it is obviously the speakers....I didn't get them from OC but from another well know seller from Ebay, they are sold as ex-display, but 2 sets with the same issue???

Soldato
Ah ok. It just seemed strange that re-installing the sound card, fixed the problem for a time. Most bizarre.

I'm starting to wonder if the Aego's aren't such a good buy anymore. They are still great sounding speakers, but there seems to be quite a few people getting problems, mostly buzzing and distortion, and for a few people this occurs after the one year warranty is up.

Back
Top Bottom