Really annoying...

Suspended
Every time i overtake anyone around here in my EP3 Type R... I get flashed and Hooted at, as if im risking everyones life by overtaking in my 'underpowered' car.... Its stupid... Everyone thinks they will stop me from overtaking and driving at my speed (not rediculously fast...65 max in most national limits) by hooting and flashing at me.... Its so annoying!!! :mad:

Another thing that annoys me is how they insult the power of my car by breaking (especially if they're in MPVs)... I know they are probably only trying to 'help' but a 200bhp hot hatch vs a Fiat Ulysee isnt really much of an acceleration contest....

This morning, as i pulled into my house driveway... opened the gate etc, then got in the car to drive in... An only audi A3 1.6 drove past at about 30mph (IN A 60mph LIMIT!!!!) hooting and flashing as if i had been a complete ****.... I don't see how people can have the audacity to go mental at someone for undergoing a safe overtake in a national limit, when they are obviously not doing anywhere near the speed limit.

Man of Honour
I get the odd flash of headlights when I overtake some people but its nowhere near as bad as you. Are you sure some of your overtakes are not a little on the dodgy side?

Soldato
maybe you drive like a loony?

Getting right up their **** and then pulling in too soon infront of them,

Who knows.. I did lol at "insult the power of my car"

Something doesn't sound quite right to me ;)

Caporegime
I got flashed for the first time last night in my 106, by a woman in a Corsa she was doing 30 in a 60 and it was straight road for the next 3 miles, I mean, c'mon!

Suspended
OP
If EVERYONE you overtake is taking exception, you are doing it wrong.

not everyone.... there have been some **** drivers around here recently..... I overtook a Fiat Ulysee up a hill the other day... the guy cut accross infront of me and cut me up in the middle of the overtake almost causing a crash... and he went absolutely mental saying "if you wanna make something of it...." blah blah blah.... I said "Signal before you change lanes" and he was like "*%$$"£*^^ ^**^*£*$"....

Suspended
OP
I got flashed for the first time last night in my 106, by a woman in a Corsa she was doing 30 in a 60 and it was straight road for the next 3 miles, I mean, c'mon!

Thats what im on about.... Thats the thing that annoys me.... I never overtake on any bends or anything...

Man of Honour
I overtook a Fiat Ulysee up a hill the other day... the guy cut accross infront of me and cut me up in the middle of the overtake almost causing a crash... and he went absolutely mental saying "if you wanna make something of it...." blah blah blah.... I said "Signal before you change lanes" and he was like "*%$$"£*^^ ^**^*£*$"....

How did you manage to have a conversation with him? Where did you overtake, right before a junction where you both came to a halt ready for a fight? Great, no wonder you narked him.

Most of my overtakes, and indeed most peoples, take place out of town on A roads and B roads where even if somebody takes exception to you, you are long gone before you get a chance for them to pull up next to you and have an arguement.

It sounds like you are chavving around in your rice rocket blasting past everyone possible irrespective of conditions. If this is the case, small wonder you are narking people every time you do it.

Man of Honour
I must admit I welly it past people quite often, safely, and I can't remember anyone flashing me or otherwise getting annoyed :confused:

It depends on the car, often. I never got flashed overtaking in the Mondeo but about 25% of the people I pass safely on journeys in the 530 flash, presumably becuase I'm a **** in a BMW. Which is true, obviously, but.. yea.

Soldato
What's your overtaking style? It's not the one where you welly it up behind them at a closing rate of knots and then pull out and execute the overtake in one slick move is it? Or the one where you tail gate them and then pull out and floor it?

Suspended
OP
[TW]Fox;12712589 said:
How did you manage to have a conversation with him? Where did you overtake, right before a junction where you both came to a halt ready for a fight? Great, no wonder you narked him.

Most of my overtakes, and indeed most peoples, take place out of town on A roads and B roads where even if somebody takes exception to you, you are long gone before you get a chance for them to pull up next to you and have an arguement.

It sounds like you are chavving around in your rice rocket blasting past everyone possible irrespective of conditions. If this is the case, small wonder you are narking people every time you do it.

This overtake was up a straight hill... the hill lasts about 500 yards before theres a right hand bend at the top.... there is a pull in on the right on the way up the hill... He skidded into the pull in as i was behind + back of him without signal. I stopped because i was so shocked and i asked him what he did it for... He pretty much started on me saying "Im not in the mood today mate" .... He probably had family issues or something so i shall forgive him... Still dangerous though...

Man of Honour
So you are also the type of person that thinks pulling over for a spot of road rage is a good idea?

It sounds like you are an aggresive driver of a hot hatch who drives everywhere at maximum attack, ready to snap. No wonder you are annoying people. Calm down before you kill yourself.

Suspended
OP
What's your overtaking style? It's not the one where you welly it up behind them at a closing rate of knots and then pull out and execute the overtake in one slick move is it? Or the one where you tail gate them and then pull out and floor it?

Whatever is suitable for the situation. I'm not a complete loony... I do like to hear the sound of my car and feel the Vtec kick in as i overtake though... Maybe they flash me because they think im "thrashing" it...

Its funny how i never get flashed by people in respectable cars such as Lotus', BMWs etc... Its always by people in C1 Citroens and little 'non petrolhead' cars...

Suspended
OP
[TW]Fox;12712626 said:
So you are also the type of person that thinks pulling over for a spot of road rage is a good idea?

It sounds like you are an aggresive driver of a hot hatch who drives everywhere at maximum attack, ready to snap. No wonder you are annoying people. Calm down before you kill yourself.

It wasnt road rage.... I was shaking because it was really nearly an accident. I would have pulled over in the pull in if he hadnt have pulled in there too.... I just pulled in to calm down.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;12712598 said:
It depends on the car, often. I never got flashed overtaking in the Mondeo but about 25% of the people I pass safely on journeys in the 530 flash, presumably becuase I'm a **** in a BMW. Which is true, obviously, but.. yea.

:D You might be right. I don't do it in the Honda very often because I rarely find myself on the kind of roads in it where I need to overtake, except if the road has more than one lane in each direction.

My method in the MX5 is to stay back at a decent distance, spot an opportunity for an overtake, down a couple of cogs (if not already) and bam. If it's a straight road and I'm approaching them at speed and I can see it's safe to overtake, I'll whoosh past them without slowing. Again, safely. FrannoBaz must just be doing it wrong ;)

I say this, tomorrow I'll probably get every other bugger flashing me for innocent maneuveurs now :D

Suspended
OP
[TW]Fox;12712626 said:

Ready to snap? Everywhere at maximum attack? lol... how old are you, Fox?

Back
Top Bottom