really low idle temp's with hwmonitor pic's

Associate
as above my cpu has really low idle temp's since i added my gemini II cpu cooler about -6*c down to 16*c i'v checked on ATI software, hwmonitor, and speedfan and they all show the same readings, also the bios was showing these temps but with out the OS running obviously, are my temps really this low or is something sending the wrong signal?

on load it does go up to about 45*C ish and holds it on prime95, but then as soon as i turn off prime95 the temps drop to about 20*C within 5-10 sec's is this also normal?

this is a pic of my system temps once they've dropped from running prime95 for 20mins, hence the 43*C max temp on all 4 cores
64bb3b3c.jpg

it's only very slightly overclocked atm to 3ghz 210mhz bus, and under volted from 3.750v to 3.250v and i'm still getting these really low temps
e58a1198.jpg

anyone experienced something like this before?, the comp is in the living room on carpet so not exactly a super cool room but the case does have a lot of air cooling from 4x 120mm coolermaster sickle flow case fans and 2x 120mm artic f12 pro pwm cpu cooler fans.

Last edited:
Associate
Ignore the core temps as they are wrong with AMD cpu's

Idle temps dont matter too much its the laod that counts and the most accurate way to get this is using hwmonitor and readin the TMPIN1 bit as thats your real cpu temp

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Aaaahhh! thankyou i never knew that i'll keep and eye on that figure now instead shall i just ignore the core temps all together then?, i think the highest i'v seen TMPIN1 is around 50*C before so atleast it's not been too detrimantal, i always thought it was either SB or NB Temps haha!

Associate
Yah ignore them, I posted about my noctua doing simillar

In my case my HWmonitor shows TMPIN0 as my temp but Im assuming yours is the TMPIN1 seeing as it makes more sense seeing as the temps are more realistic for cpu

Associate
OP
i'll keep my eye on all of them then just in case, ignore the 89*C reading i'v noticed that HWMonitor flickers every now and again and shows up false readings, at one stage everything had peaked at 119*C and i'v set the bios to warn me of temps above 60*C so obviously just a false reading, that and my comp never fried.

thanks again though for the heads up though

Associate
OP
i didn't have my desktop on for long as it's in the lounge and hooked up to the tv as it's mainly a media center for movies and such like, and i was fighting with the kids over the tv haha!, so i took pictures on my iphone uploaded them upto photo bucket and went on here on my laptop instead, it was easier than the hassle of fighting with the kids haha!

Back
Top Bottom