REAPER - Red And Black - Watercooled - Phanteks P400

Associate
HI Guys,

Building a new PC for Gaming and occasionally embarrassing myself streaming.

I've been building PC's for around 15 years now and i've water cooled many different PC's over the years, but for the last 4 years i have just stuck to a very small CPU loop only. The GPU died on me a couple of weeks ago, so it seemed like a perfect opportunity while i wait for its replacement to throw out the old case and take on the challenge of a new build with PETG tubing.

I will be receiving the replacement card from OCUK on Monday, who were awesome as always with the RMA and cannot thank them enough.

The Theme will mainly be red and black throughout with RGB Lighting synced with the motherboard and case lights. I Love Red and Black together and when i saw the Phateks red and black edition i knew that was the case i wanted to work with. When playing with the colour Scheme with the motherboard installed i placed a small reaper figure in the case and thought this could be a good theme i could carry throughout the build.

The case will be un-modded so stop reading now if you want to see cutting and butchering of cases ;)

Parts List

pr9Ntm5l.jpg

Whats in the box???

Phanteks P400S TGE - Black and Red

I7 7700K
Gigabyte Z270X Ultra Gaming
Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
Corsair 16GB DDR4 3200mhz Vengeance RGB
OCZ 500GB SSD
Samsung 960 m.2 NVME 256GB
2 Samsung storage mechanical drives.

EK Supremacy Evo Red Edition - Nickel and Plexi
EK FC1080 GTX G1 Full Cover Gpu Block
Barrow 14mm OD PETG tubing
Barrow 14mm Triple Lock compressions (these are a work of art for the price)
Barrow Black Speed Control Pump Res Combo 195mm
XSPC EX 240mm Radiator
XSPC EX 120mm Radiator
CFX Liquid.cool Cherry Red Coolant
Corsair SP 120 Black with Red rings x 6
Corsair AF 140 Black With Red rings x 2
Phanteks Rgb Strips

Sponsors :
Liquid.cool (watercooling.co.uk)
Dmodz.co.uk

First i Wanted to Feel out the Colour Scheme;

11r3yX5l.jpg
vRCurNJl.jpg

xNyzEyol.jpg
11r3yX5l.jpg

Then I decided to add a little Red to the front of the case;

TPpSx9Tl.jpg
TPpSx9Tl.jpg

While i was at the Vinyl Workshop, they cut some small 'Reaper' decals for the fans too;

kU3VbCal.jpg
kU3VbCal.jpg

kU3VbCal.jpg
xNyzEyol.jpg

I removed the Corsair stickers and logo's and applied my own to carry the reaper skull to inside of the build; Ive added these to the back side also for the fans in push and pull

GS8fBZ0h.jpg

HcIlW4uh.jpg

Im awaiting a delivery on monday for the graphics card, stay Tuned ...... i will update this evening.

Last edited:
Soldato
@orbitalwalsh

oooooooohhhhhh, didnt know i could get these, they would also work with Gigabyte Fusion, and work with the case RGB controller so they would all sync.

Nice idea!

SCKTS1d.jpg
cZWg5KG.jpg

Works with MSI and Asus aswell :) had a B350 Gigabyte b350 that didn't have a fan header so used cooler master RGB hub with usb connection to board - actually controls them better then any board vendors lighting system !

Associate
OP
Yeah, im daisy chaining the RGB's too, so might be a very long daisy chain.......

Think im sticking with the plain black and red for the fans the RGB lighting will work wonders you will see ;)

Associate
OP
All the parts have arrived now, so now on with the full build!!!!

Coming along a little more..........

The Hard part starts tomorrow, i now have my case layout sorted, Tomorrow morning im starting bending the PETG.

I have lot and lots of spare so i should be fine ;)

Im going to take off the lower bracket for the reservoir as its not doing much to hold the reservoir. Other than looking a little ugly.

SMu5u1sl.jpg

HxlYn96l.jpg

JgxyIvEl.jpg

Update and final build tomorrow.....hopefully

Associate
OP
Hi All,

Well i dont quite have everything finished but i have a little update from today's work. This was my first time using PETG tubing and well........ it was PITA! Finally got the hang of it after 4 dead tubes and much swearing at myself.

Im finally getting somewhere with the tubing finished and coolant in the tubes not leaking....YEAHHHH. Ive added a few photos of the days antics and then a little mini photo shoot as its starting to come together.

Please do give me any feedback and thoughts. on the build, its much appreciated!

Still to do.

Lighting

Wire up everything

Cable management on the rear

24 hour leak test

JX3AkxOl.jpg

AXLbT9Nl.jpg

IWmdKCFl.jpg

6m63gBll.jpg

HX7AQ2Dl.jpg

NmHCyrMl.jpg

Associate
Just about to start my first PETG watercooling build in my P400. It will not look as good as that! Good work.

My loop will be roughly the same as yours so was just wondering how much coolant you needed?

Associate
OP
Just about to start my first PETG watercooling build in my P400. It will not look as good as that! Good work.

My loop will be roughly the same as yours so was just wondering how much coolant you needed?

i used around a litre, i have a 200ml rez and 240 rad and 120 rad

Back
Top Bottom