Rear Brake Pressure Switch Leaking

Associate
Hi all,

My rear brake pressure switch is leaking. The issue is I have no idea how I am supposed to replace this.

NnkQXy5.jpg

It is leaking from where those wires with the red spade connectors connect to. Now I have been told that I need one of these, just need to make sure I get the correct size: https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Prod...V8DLTCh2LUAIDEAQYAyABEgLOAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds, however how does this fit?

I was pressuming that the black bit the wires connected to inside that metal housing would be the banjo bolt and would unscrew, but I have tried that and am having no luck removing it.

Does anyone have any idea what I need to do here? I have done so much work to this bike and am so close to getting it back on the road and this stupid little bit is frustrating the life out of me.

Thanks in advance.

Man of Honour
I've never seen a pressure switch like that. To replace it with the one in your link you'd take that bolt out that goes through the banjo take off that switch then replace the banjo bolt with the new switch.

Associate
OP
Ah okay, so just do away with the banjo bolt the goes down through the top of the banjo and replace it with the Goodridge one. I can then completely remove that whole housing part where the wires with the red spade connectors are?

Hope that makes sense?

Man of Honour
Ah okay, so just do away with the banjo bolt the goes down through the top of the banjo and replace it with the Goodridge one. I can then completely remove that whole housing part where the wires with the red spade connectors are?

Hope that makes sense?
Yep that's right.

Soldato
Yeah get rid of that cheapo pressure switch and get a decent one, normally they replace the bolt that goes through the hose banjo.

Not sure what the make mine is as it was supplied with the rearsets but it's been perfect.

Back
Top Bottom