Reasonable good Sat-Nav

Associate
OP
It takes really effort to turn a 'recommend me a sat nav' thread into a fight :p

Yeas it does :D well played people :p

Well I finally took the plunge last night and ordered a brand new Tomtom Start in black. I decided to go for this one over the Tomtom one, because it has IQ routes and the lane guidance and is a lot cheaper than the more expensie XL with IQ routes.

So looking forward to get it in the next couple of days :D

Thanks all!

Associate
OP
£119 Delivered so i'm happy with that, £20 over the original budget, but whats that really. Since I have really never driven on the UK mainland much at all, this should really help when it comes to driving to Glasgow and around the place next week, so will be worth it.

Capodecina
Soldato
I'm sure it will work fine, you really can't believe how handy a SatNav is until you have used one for a while - when you have used it for a bit, it would be nice if you were to update this thread.

Again, good luck, have fun!

Associate
OP
Yea I dont think I would have even thought about trying to do the driving without one, I would have just been a disaster really. Yea I think I will update it when I get back, just to give my opinions of the Tomtom, good and bad points if any etc.

Underboss
Yeas it does :D well played people :p

Well I finally took the plunge last night and ordered a brand new Tomtom Start in black. I decided to go for this one over the Tomtom one, because it has IQ routes and the lane guidance and is a lot cheaper than the more expensie XL with IQ routes.

So looking forward to get it in the next couple of days :D

Thanks all!

never heard of a TomTom black vefore, and ive been looking quite recently

Caporegime
Looks like it's been designed for miserable old technophobes like my father who expects every piece of electronic equipment to work by mashing keys in a random sequence :p

Associate
OP
heh googlemaps shows 'isle of lewis' as the middle of the sea :p

Yeap thats it ;)

Yea I quite like the look of it to be honest, the simple-ness of it though isnt my fav, I would love all the gadgets etc, but iv got hands free for my phone and an FM transmitter for my ipod already. The colour is why i chose it, totally will suite my dash :p

Associate
TomTom Go520 is your best bet or

a2z_pic.gif

dad still uses the old fashion method.

Soldato
Whatever you do, don't try and rely on your Nokia E series phone getting a GPS signal in a timely fashion when you're in the middle of some random place, lost. And certainly don't rely on Sygic navigation software to provide you with easy to follow directions, especially when one of the roads was closed and it absolutely refused to comply with providing an alternative route.

How I missed my tomtom that day.

:mad:

Underboss
Whatever you do, don't try and rely on your Nokia E series phone getting a GPS signal in a timely fashion when you're in the middle of some random place, lost. And certainly don't rely on Sygic navigation software to provide you with easy to follow directions, especially when one of the roads was closed and it absolutely refused to comply with providing an alternative route.

How I missed my tomtom that day.

:mad:

:(

well, you know the answer to that one, dont by a phone for Sat nav/GPS purposes! :D

Soldato
I didn't. I have a lovely TomTom, but my dad had it that day. I had hoped that plonking some GPS software on my phone for emergencies would have sufficed. But alas, epic failure ensued.

Back
Top Bottom