Reasonably priced headset with mic?

Soldato
Hello,
I'm after a not too expensive headset for games so directional audio and a decent mic is needed. I have a very nice 7.1 surround speaker setup but unfortunately my desk with my monitors is in the back corner of the room so i'm very off centre hence my need for a headset.

I really don't want to spend too much certainly not £200 as it will only be used for gaming maybe 10-12 hours per week. Wireless is preferable as my PC is about 8 feet away but I do have a USB extension cable assuming that won't interfere etc ideally i'd like to spend less than £100 but might add a little bit more as I do want them to be comfortable and just work, movies and music aren't necessary.

There seems to be loads with a vast price range so am kinda hoping for a cheap bang for buck solution but any help appreciated. Not opposed to headphones + mic addon but the the mic socket would be as said 8 feet away.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Soldato
I've tried and owned quite a few and I am more than happy with the Corsair HyperX Cloud 2. It has the 7.1 setting but I play quite a few games where directional sound is vital and I've always been very impressed.

I have quite a few friends that stream and have £100+ separate mics and for the money, the mic on this one certainly holds it's own.

It comes with two types of ear pads - I swapped mine from the faux leather to the memory foam pads and are really very comfortable.

Soldato
OP
Cheers guys, Cloud 2's ordered :)

Was looking at the revolvers as well but for the USB connection as above which will make it much easier for me you have to buy the S version at £40-50 more. I know the mic is better but not worth that price as long as i'm audible.

Thanks again.

Associate
I dont know if you already knew this but dont buy the Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Headset..... I bought one, it arrived late last night and this morning it will be going straight back and I havnt even heard a sound from it.. they are very heavy to start with. The boom Mic flops about in front of your face like a tramps c**k and it is held up out the way by a black elastic band !!!
I am really trying to like your merchandise guys, its mostly good quality gear (at quality prices) but if your going to aim for the top end of the market ...you have to deliver the goods....

xl...out

Associate
I dont know if you already knew this but dont buy the Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Headset..... I bought one, it arrived late last night and this morning it will be going straight back and I havnt even heard a sound from it.. they are very heavy to start with. The boom Mic flops about in front of your face like a tramps c**k and it is held up out the way by a black elastic band !!!
I am really trying to like your merchandise guys, its mostly good quality gear (at quality prices) but if your going to aim for the top end of the market ...you have to deliver the goods....

xl...out
Void has one of the worst mic on the market, you sound like being trapped in cellar surrounded by water.

Back
Top Bottom