[REC] - Quaratine

Associate
I saw this ages ago, Megahurtz found it, and downloaded it, so we got a few mates (some of which were girls) round, and we all watched it.

Only then did we find out that it was a bad idea to invite the girls...

I ended up watching it 3 times in a week, because different people wanted to see it. To be honest, if you really get into it, and watch it carefully, it's the scariest film I've ever seen. The bit with the skiny girl/thing in the loft, OMG that was the worst bit :(

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
I think the last bit was most people's most frightening moment when they stumble onto the source :eek:

It really did put the icing on the cake for being scarey :eek:

Caporegime
I saw this ages ago, Megahurtz found it, and downloaded it, so we got a few mates (some of which were girls) round, and we all watched it.

Only then did we find out that it was a bad idea to invite the girls...

I ended up watching it 3 times in a week, because different people wanted to see it. To be honest, if you really get into it, and watch it carefully, it's the scariest film I've ever seen. The bit with the skiny girl/thing in the loft, OMG that was the worst bit :(

Downloading is bad mmmmkay

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
I think if Quarantine does not copy the story line of REC then it could fall short. It has got a lot to live up to considering they have more budget, bigger production etc.

So it going to be tough to equal if not better the original. Who knows at this moment in time it anyone guess what the final outcome is. I hope Quarantine lives up to expectations :confused:

Capodecina
Soldato
I think if Quarantine does not copy the story line of REC then it could fall short. It has got a lot to live up to considering they have more budget, bigger production etc.

So it going to be tough to equal if not better the original. Who knows at this moment in time it anyone guess what the final outcome is. I hope Quarantine lives up to expectations :confused:

It's a direct remake. i.e. virtually shot for shot.

Associate
Trailer looks pretty shot for shot. I think you'd probably still enjoy it if you haven't seen [REC] already. I watched it on impulse on a Saturday afternoon with my flatmate, she really enjoyed it. I think it's pretty decent for what it was, but I was annoyed by the large number of timed high volume screams to increase the impact of frights.

The problem with horror films is - people who enjoy the genre are too educated in the genre itself and there's nothing that new that scares us anymore, which means the genre solves to a lot of shock tactics. REC does that reasonably well and there were a few pretty creepy scenes. The camera approach did really work well for this film, much more worthwhile than Blair Witch.

Soldato
I didn't really enjoy [REC] when I saw it (in the cinema too). As others said it wasn't really that scary, and if it's not really scary it should at least be entertaining (like House of 1000 Corpses), and I just wasn't that entertained.

Soldato
I just watched this the other night. I felt it started off a bit weak but then midway it really took off! I loved it. The most brilliant part was at the end where Pablo uses night-vision on the camera and we see that zombie. Brought back memories of Descent.

Manuela Velasco is wicked!

Its so good to see a non-Hollywood movie.

Soldato
I watched this film a while ago in the cinema, and I thought it was the most predictable, boring, terribly acted film I've seen in a long time!

The worst parts of 28days and blair witch (two films that I love) rolled into one film.

I walked out of the cinema really annoyed at the film as I was expecting it to be good.
I've left the cinema dissappointed in most films recently too tbh.

Soldato
Surprisingly, I enjoyed it. This was probably due to it being an almost shot-for-shot recreation of [REC]. Some things were done slightly better, some not as well - certainly the finale didn't hold the same white-knuckle terror but it's at the top of the pile as far as American remakes go.

Could never get the Mrs. to watch [REC] with me, so I was quite happy in the cinema towards the end of Quarantine when she said to me, "I can't take much more of this or I'm going to **** myself." That was a good sign that it kept the same non-stop horror show sensibilities of the original. Once everything gets going it seriously doesn't let up.

Back
Top Bottom