1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend a cheap printer??

Discussion in 'Printers' started by rikky, Oct 26, 2012.

1. rikky

Gangster

I currently have an HP Deskjet 2050 that I purchased from here and it has been a total nightmare to use ...

I don't use the printer very often - mainly just use it to print out address labels for couriers and updates to family cv's etc but every time I want to print something I find myself having to muck about for half an hour to get the printer to actually work. Today I had the same problem and no matter what I do the black won't come out correctly - it pretty much misses the same parts every time.

I have done all the diagnostics - deep cleaning, printer head realignments and used about half a cartridge of ink and lots of paper and it still won't work.

So can anybody recommend a cheap (£50/£60) A4 colour printer that won't require fiddling about with every time I want to use it - doesn't have to be networked or anything.

Over to you ...:D

2. CyberCrow

PermaBanned

Epson S22 £20, then with the £40 saved get an CIS (continuous ink system) i paid £10 for 5x 2 litre bottles of ink.

Haven't run out of ink yet since ive had it :D 2 years ago, an i roughly print 50-100 pages aweek.

3. BuToNz

Mobster

CIS is the way to go, I've managed a good 500 full colour pages for less than £8 in ink. The system itself normally costs about £20(Including ink) and it's external from the printer so you'll need the space to have it sit level.

4. Kosmiche

Perma Banned

Canon Pixma series. That is all.

5. CyberCrow

PermaBanned

An pay stupid amount for ink unless they support CIS.

6. BrianB

Wise Guy

Canon Pixma look's good to me though it doesn't look cheap on Ink. I was looking at it for printing photos - I doubt you need to spend over £100 to get a good general A4 printer.

HP DeskJet 1000 look's good find some reviews easily too...

7. OLDPHART

Soldato

Canon PIXMA iP4950 about £60 and use compatible cartridges, my IP4300 has used compatabiles for over 3 years and its still prints like new. I pay £20 for 5x5 sets of cartridges or get a CIS kit.

8. rikky

Gangster

Thanks for all the suggestions guys - a CIS system would be great but I just don't have the space for it unfortunately ...

I am certainly leaning towards the Canon Pixma series and the Canon PIXMA iP4950 looks ideal to me - so thanks for that OLDPHART.;)

9. OLDPHART

Soldato

Your welcome m8. ;)

As for compatibles cartridges look for company's that guarantees full ones, some supply half full one's.:)

10. Paul11

Capodecina

This ..

ink is dirt cheap and very good