Recommend a good co-op game for xbox 360

Associate
Joined
26 Dec 2003
Posts
2,251
Location
Bristol
My housemate and I have become addicted to the Gears Of War campaign on xbox 360. But now we've finished it on the hardest level, we need a new game to play :( Something of a similar style would be good. Any recommendations?
 
Associate
Joined
14 Apr 2007
Posts
1,446
Location
Birmingham
Id go for Rainbow 6 Vegas, can play individual maps or the entire thing in coop and its great fun.
 
Caporegime
Joined
9 Mar 2006
Posts
52,226
Location
Surrey
I think he means co-op on the same console in which case not crackdown (side rant: why are developers ignoring same console multiplayer so much? co-op on live but not offline? thats just silly)

Might be worth picking up some Xbox 1 titles on the cheap for co-op, Halo 1 and 2 are still 2 of the best co-op games out there.
 
Caporegime
Joined
9 Mar 2006
Posts
52,226
Location
Surrey
COD 3 had co-op??? thats the only thing i thought was missing from 2, but i never saw it mentioned in any reviews for the third one. May pick it up on the cheap if this is true.
 
Man of Honour
Joined
13 Jul 2004
Posts
44,495
Location
/* */
Shamikebab said:
COD 3 had co-op??? thats the only thing i thought was missing from 2, but i never saw it mentioned in any reviews for the third one. May pick it up on the cheap if this is true.
I heard this a while ago but can't find it at a quick glance.
 
Caporegime
Joined
11 Nov 2002
Posts
82,193
Location
Barcelona
Simmy said:
My housemate and I have become addicted to the Gears Of War campaign on xbox 360. But now we've finished it on the hardest level, we need a new game to play :( Something of a similar style would be good. Any recommendations?


Marvel Ultimate Alliance, if you like super heroes and mindless action fun.


rp2000
 
Associate
Joined
26 Dec 2003
Posts
2,251
Location
Bristol
Yes, it will be on the same console. Halo looks like a good option.

I wasn't a fan of crackdown so I sold that :p R6 Vegas I already own on the PC aswell.

Does GRAW have a full co-op game? I can only find mini co-op games.

Anything as dark and scary as GoW? :D
 
Associate
Joined
26 Dec 2003
Posts
2,251
Location
Bristol
Lost planet looks bleedin' awesome :eek: Does that have a co-op? Other forums mention a co-op but some say it's only online.

If there is a co-op, I think we have a winner.
 
Last edited:
Soldato
Joined
2 Dec 2006
Posts
8,190
Simmy said:
Lost planet looks bleedin' awesome :eek: Does that have a co-op? Other forums mention a co-op but some say it's only online.

If there is a co-op, I think we have a winner.

Dunno about co-op but ive only read bad things about lost planet. Serposidly the story is terrible and confusing and the game play is very repetitive.
 
Associate
Joined
24 Jun 2007
Posts
907
I think lost planet is a terrible game. From the moment i first started i knew it was going to be crap. Total waste of money. Also, it is single player, unless i have missed something.

There isn't many good co-op games out really, i wanted aswell. Maybe try playing gears 2 player online ? I always have a laugh with this.
 
Soldato
Joined
7 Jan 2004
Posts
5,709
Location
North London
<F0rb> said:
I think lost planet is a terrible game. From the moment i first started i knew it was going to be crap. Total waste of money. Also, it is single player, unless i have missed something.

There isn't many good co-op games out really, i wanted aswell. Maybe try playing gears 2 player online ? I always have a laugh with this.

Online Lost Planet is a brilliant game, used to play it all the time, now im busy with other games but will go back to online sometime :).
 
Soldato
Joined
19 May 2005
Posts
5,053
Location
Doncaster
I'm gonna throw Earth Defence Force 2017 into the mix. Been playing it with my brother co-op tonight and it's damn good fun. Reminds me of the huge boss battles in serious sam. It's budget price as well, £25 rrp and you can get it for under £20 new.

Took us about 3 hours to do the first 16 missions, so with 50+ missions I'd say there's enough there to be worth £20 easily. Simple game, retro even, but it's spectacular and just fun to play.
 
Soldato
Joined
5 Feb 2006
Posts
3,524
fish99 said:
I'm gonna throw Earth Defence Force 2017 into the mix. Been playing it with my brother co-op tonight and it's damn good fun. Reminds me of the huge boss battles in serious sam. It's budget price as well, £25 rrp and you can get it for under £20 new.

Took us about 3 hours to do the first 16 missions, so with 50+ missions I'd say there's enough there to be worth £20 easily. Simple game, retro even, but it's spectacular and just fun to play.

good shout! my mate borrowed from his work place because his boss said it hadgreat co-op and it does. Its not the greatest game but its alot of fun and as you said you can pump alot of time into it. My mates boss has 32 hours invested at the moment
 
Top