Recommend a weekend in Paris

Man of Honour
Hi guys,

Not normally one for "recommend me" threads, but anyway!!

We've been to all sorts of far flung places around the world and normally make our own itinerary, but have recently won 2 premium class Eurostar tickets to Paris.

Was just wondering if anyone had any hotel recommendations for us. Somewhere in the city centre would be ideal as we're just there from a Friday evening until Sunday late afternoon. Cost - something reasonable, not cheap, but not too extravagant as we just had a holiday 2 months ago and have another one in December.

Also, good stuff to see?

Thanks!

Mal

Soldato
As i always say... i recommend a Paris Pass - Saved me a lot of money.

I used booking.com to find a hotel - may be worth having a look as there are a lot of helpful customer reviews.

Most of the 3 star hotels that we looked at pretty much had the same comments - food wasn't great, rooms were tiny, bathroom wasn't overly clean.
I can't remember the hotel we stayed at but the bed was so close to a chest of drawers that it was easier to climb over the bed to get to the bathroom then try to squeeze past it lol.

Associate
I'd recommend the Montmartre area to look for a hotel. Lovely little area, with nice restaurants (is a bit hilly though) and you can easily catch the metro into the centre of Paris. We stayed in a 'budget' hotel when we went.. for us it's just a place to sleep in the evening but there seemed plenty of nice places to stay.

Back
Top Bottom