Recommend a wireless modem router please

• Thread starter SamuraiTortoise
  • Start date

SamuraiTortoise

S

SamuraiTortoise

Hi,

As the title says really. I'm in the market for a new Wireless adsl modem and router. I currently use the WAG54G which has been fine up until recently when the 4 port router part stopped working, since then my wireless signal has also become more irratic, I think it's on it's way out.

I'd like advice on a replacement. I've always tended to go for Linksys as I have no other experience with other makes but this may mean I'm missing a trick but I would prefer the modem and router all in one box unless strongly recommended/adviced to keep them seperated.

I have two pc's and a laptop that need to connect. Generally it's only for surfing the net and downloading stuff. We don't really have any game players in the house except me on occasion.

Both the PC's and the laptop use Linksys 54g cards. The pc's use the pci slot cards and the laptop a PCMCIA card.

My pc is the furthest away from the router and often never gets more than a low signal so I'm looking for something that can hopefully improve this, all others connect with excellent signals (laptop dependant on where it is). It may be a case that I just have to get a range expander or high gain aerials too? Although of course, I'd prefer a new box that could do it too.

I hope that's enough information for you to recommend me a new box. Budget isn't really an issue.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom