Recommend me a 27" 120hz monitor

Associate
Can someone recommend me a monitor for under £300, it needs to be:
27"
1920x1080
120hz

I'm looking at BenQ or Iiyama, any ideas?

Associate
are B grade items covered by the 14 day return deal?

also, i assume grade B means somebody returned it for either stuck pixels or excessive back light bleed some problem like that?

or worse are the 3d glasses missing?

Last edited:
Associate
Those BGrade sammys were an insane price!
Enjoy whoever bought them

I managed to get an order in for the 27"! Hope it is ok :)

I did a quick google, there was a batch of these not long ago that were similarly priced because they were "end of line". Hopefully going out of fashion is the only complaint!

Permabanned
I received mine today and I can tell why it was returned.

:eek:

DSCN2271.jpg

DSCN2270.jpg

DSCN2269.jpg

DSCN2268.jpg

I've sent those pics to Samsung just now, and will see if they can have the screen changed. But with regards to dp issues, I've not had any so far (maybe tht only happened when running eye infinity or whatever it is called)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Oh dear god, I'm worried now! :(

Please keep us informed about your response from Samsung...

I can always get a refund from ocuk or even get them to handle the RMA, but it depends who has the quicker turn around time. Samsung said they'll call me within 24 hours after sending the email.

Also does anyone know pcm2's website? I need some calibration settings as it is way too bright out of the box.

Soldato
You called Manju? ;)

Yeah it looked like it took a knock to that section or some of the LEDs died. I look forward to hearing what Samsung says, they are usually quite responsive and keen to help out with such things.

Soldato
I bought the 23" 3D version. Since I already have one for my gaming machine (when they did the epic deal of selling them for £185), I've been wanting to get a 2nd one. And cos the LG one I bought ages ago is only 60Hz and the 3D sucks for movies.

So while I was skeptical about it being a B-Grade, I took the plunge. It's arrived at work, but I won't be able to test it til I get home later this evening. Finger's crossed it works, tho. I shall report once I have tested.

Permabanned
You called Manju? ;)

Yeah it looked like it took a knock to that section or some of the LEDs died. I look forward to hearing what Samsung says, they are usually quite responsive and keen to help out with such things.

I found your article, the website had changed from .org to .info ;)

Ah shame dude :(
So who bought the other one?

I was soooo tempted lol, will be keeping me peepers open for more B-Grades I think

Doing things over the phone with Samsung is slow, I went via the web and had a reply already:

I am sorry to hear of the problems you are having with your Samsung
Product. I can understand the inconveniences that this may cause.
As this is within the first 28 days of purchase of the Samsung product
you may return the unit to the place of purchase. The retailer is
legally obligated to exchange any defective product within the first 28
days. After 28 days the warranty would take effect and a service order
would be created for the repair by Samsung.
If you would prefer Samsung to process a service order now, rather than
exchanging the product for an exchange, please respond to this
correspondence indicating this.
Kind regards,
Jim
Online Support Team
SAMSUNG Customer Support Centre

Will ocuk exchange it for a new one? ( I doubt this), so I may as well get Samsung to repair it. I wonder if there is a new model on the horizon?

Back
Top Bottom