Recommend me a 27+ inch 4K monitor?

Associate
I’m looking for a 27”+ 4K monitor for video editing and some light graphics work. Is there anything worth having below the £500 price at the moment?

Associate
Benq PD3200U would be the sweet spot for video editing and 4k. Unfortunately at £649 its a bit more expensive than your budget. There is also the PD2700Q that can be had elsewhere. Its 1440p at 27".
Both these monitors have full sRGB and Rec.709 coverage so would be suitable for video editing and graphic design.

I also forgot about the 4k version. The PD2700U. Same spec as the Q model but with 4k. Can be had for under £500

Last edited:
Associate
Just a general heads up this is a great monitor for the uses you described. Just don't expect gaming on it to be amazing. It doesn't come with adaptives sync.

I have owned this monitor for a brief period, and for those uses its great.

Soldato
I'd personally advise 32" at 4K... 27" is a bit on the small side unless you're sitting very close. Also IPS would be advisable given your use case. VA always suffers from obvious gamma shift.

The problem is, at your budget, there isn't really anything. The closest would be the BenQ PD3200U at £630.

On the VA front, there is the LG UHD 32UL500-W which can be had for £428. Not bad as VA goes. I'd still prefer IPS though, for your use case. There really is no reason to go with VA... it's a disadvantage in all aspects really.

Associate
OP
Revisiting this thread as I’m literally about to jump on a monitor (I really need to get one this week for an upcoming project).

Still really undecided between the Benq PD2700U 4K or potentially two 1440p monitors.

I’ve really a lot that suggests 27” and 4K is too small but I don’t really want to go down to VA panel to get 32” if I can help it.

Associate
If you can stretch the budget a little for the 32" PD3200U (IPS) that would make more sense for 4K.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm not sure what the fuss is over a smaller 4K monitor as long as you run it scaled. Obviously at native resolution everything is tiny. I'm running at 2048x1152 scaled on OSX and everything is super crips and sharp (much better than normal non scaled 2048x1152). OSX uses the same scaling for their built in retina imac/macbook screens.

@anonuk I am also looking at a 27” PD2700U btw after a disappointing experience with LG27UL650 with a vignetting problem (dark corners and edges). I'm going to exchange for the BENQ hoping for better colour uniformity. I'll let you know my thoughts if I get one before you. I use for graphic design (print and web).

Associate
I'm sat at a 5k 27" imac and the scaling is great. Better than my 1440 25" PC. But that's a Windows/Mac thing.
Scaling works mostly alright on Windows these days. Certain programs look a little weird if they don't have inbuilt support however. Like the ui might look zoomed in and therefore more pixelated than it should.

Back
Top Bottom