Recommend me a Gaming Wireless Headset for under £100

Soldato
Needs to be wireless and works with PS4 and PC, Dolby 7.1 would be nice but not essential, priotities on mic (I am naturally softspoken) sound quality (not audiophile but decent), and comfort.
If it could play back Dolby Digital (assuming Atmos or HD isn't possible over BT?) via blue tooth to my TV it would be a bonus but not essential.
Any input appreciated as I am not up to speed on headphone technology :o

Soldato
OP
Watches tumbleweed drift past .....
At the moment it seems I have a one horse race - the Turtle Beach Ear Force Stealth 520 are all I can find in budget.
Downside is it needs the PS4 Optical port, and as I use that for my amp and its a pain to get at for a quick swap ....
Anyone know of any alternatives ?

Soldato
That scenery might grow whole forest around that tumbleweed before anything filling those requirements shows up.
And mountain range might built up or continental rift happen before that if including sound quality...

Bluetooth doesn't have much bandwidth so you can forget tranferring audio over it.
These kind things are for that:
https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-wireless-hdmi-video-transmitter/

Soldato
The issue here is that you will no doubt be disappointed with whatever you get for that budget.

That is a lot of tech to cram into £100 so will be all generic cheap parts as best and as you have probably found, they all look mega bling to try and lure people to buy.

The only one I would consider near to your budget is this, which is reviewed well and is a pretty good deal with the current discount and the fact you get a free mouse - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/stee...ess-gaming-headset-white-61464-sp-09f-st.html

It is an £80 mouse so just flog it for £35 in the MM and you hit budget, :)

*edit*

Plus when I have had to RMA to Steelseries in the past they have been fantastic.

Soldato
Proving difficult, huh. Couldn't find anything entirely satisfying myself.

Settled on a G933 Prodigy, and they're all right, but not exactly what I was looking for. I guess I should have gone G533, something simpler. But mic seems to be a weak point.

That or a Siberia 800. They usually come recommended, but to be honest, I haven't found something that is just right. Like a G533 with better build quality (i.e. not 100% plastic) and better mic.

Back
Top Bottom