Recommend me a good mini DV camera please

Caporegime
I need a good mini DV Camera that has good features and good price.

Can somone give me 4 to look at ranging from £200 - £500 please

I will want to connect to PC via firewire does it need DV in aswell as out?

Thanks.

Easyrider

Associate
You only need DV in if you want to put a video edited on your computer back on to MiniDV tape. It's a good way to back up edited video.

Have a look at the Panasonic NV-GS500. It's 3 CCD and has full resolution wide screen. It can be got in the UK for around £500 if you shop around on the Internet.

Permabanned
Just ordered a Sony DCR-HC24 MiniDV Camcorder. Awesome spec. Good reputation. Can be bought for around £200 if you shop around.

Last edited:
Associate
The Sony's have excellent specifications, but the battery life is not very good, and the touch screen is annoying when you want to change a simple setting, and have to navigate through menus rather than use dials.

Soldato
nomore said:
Have a look at the Panasonic NV-GS500. It's 3 CCD and has full resolution wide screen. It can be got in the UK for around £500 if you shop around on the Internet.

I've got the GS180 (the cheapest 3 chip) and it's quite a decent piece for kit for £300.

Panasonic seem to be good for the sub £500 price range, but if you go higher then sony would be a make to go for.

Back
Top Bottom