Recommend me a TV in 2020

Associate
Hi,

So, I've been out of the TV market for 8 years now and the family wants a new TV

Last TV was a Panasonic ST50 (Plasma). It was one of the best back in 2012.

Now with terms like OLED, QLED, HDR, etc, I've no clue where to start looking.
Is it the best time to get a 4K TV in 2020?

Requirements (At the moment):
- 60" or more
- No budget yet
- For Movies mainly
- Occasional gaming on the switch
Any TV suggestions would help to guide me in the right direction.

Thanks

Soldato
You mentioned your not sure on terminology, this is a solid video to get to grip with some things:

I would agree with the other, gents OLED is what you should look at. I will deviate slightly however and this as someone who has a 65" LG OLED hanging in the next room. I would look at recently released Sony A8H OLED. Friend took delivery of one just yesterday and having had a look at it (social distancing of course) I prefer it more for movies which seems to be your main use case. Not apples to apples when I looked at it, but for movies, I think that would be my pick. Personally I use mine more for gaming which is where the LG's come into their own with HDMI 2.1 and VRR.

Soldato
You mentioned your not sure on terminology, this is a solid video to get to grip with some things:

I would agree with the other, gents OLED is what you should look at. I will deviate slightly however and this as someone who has a 65" LG OLED hanging in the next room. I would look at recently released Sony A8H OLED. Friend took delivery of one just yesterday and having had a look at it (social distancing of course) I prefer it more for movies which seems to be your main use case. Not apples to apples when I looked at it, but for movies, I think that would be my pick. Personally I use mine more for gaming which is where the LG's come into their own with HDMI 2.1 and VRR.

Interesting, I wouldn't have thought of Sony for OLED. I'm still on a Samsung LE46C750R2K. 2011 vintage and still going strong. If like to go OLED but I may just run this until it dies and see what's on the market then.

Back
Top Bottom