Recommend me an exhaust?

Soldato
Had an MOT on 99 CBR 600 FX. It has a minor because the mid pipes where they go into 1 pipe under the engine has a minor leak because it's rusty.

What brand do people recommend? Price and quality.
Ideally stainless steel however the original Honda has lasted 20+ years.

Also what do people recommend to get the manifold bolts out without them snapping?
Plus gas? Penetrating oil? Heat?

Man of Honour
Black widow or delkavic(sp?) Are probably your two main options without spending mega bucks.

In terms of getting the old ones off, soak in plusgas for as long as you can get away with and then like you said a liberal application of heat and a good thump with a hammer before you try and ease them out.

Soldato
Fuel Exhausts are very good. They’re a small family owned & run business that
design & manufacture their own exhausts and able to adapt kits if you need something a bit more specific.

Soldato
OP
Black widow or delkavic(sp?) Are probably your two main options without spending mega bucks.

In terms of getting the old ones off, soak in plusgas for as long as you can get away with and then like you said a liberal application of heat and a good thump with a hammer before you try and ease them out.

Ta, got plus gas. Will bear all of that in mind as that was my rough plan. Last time I did it they all came out on a different bike.

jcr

jcr

Associate
if bolts are stubborn to undo an impact driver is a really useful tool. start in the tightening direction for a few seconds first to help break the seal, then switch direction to remove the bolt.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
if bolts are stubborn to undo an impact driver is a really useful tool. start in the tightening direction for a few seconds first to help break the seal, then switch direction to remove the bolt.
If that doesn't work, hammer and blow torch will be your two best friends. :D

Back
Top Bottom