Recommend me metal bands (short list included)

Ken

Ken

Associate
Hi,

Please post as many as you can that you'll think I'll like. Here's a list of what I've been listening to lately...

A Perfect Circle
Tool
Killswitch Engage
Lacuna Coil
Deftones
Cold
Taproot
Rammstein

Cheers.

Ken

Ken

Associate
OP
Cheers.

I have Demanufacture - it's pretty good. :D
I know someone who likes them - I'll see if he has Transgression.

I've heard a little from SOAD, QOTSA and RATM - not really my style I'm afraid.

Associate
Heres a few....

Mnemic
Strapping Young Lad
Devildriver
Chimaira
Seether (more hard rock than metal, but still excellent)
Raging Speedhorn
Soilwork (their earlier stuff)
Opeth

Kangaxx

Soldato
j00ni said:
Soundgarden, Queens of the Stone Age....

Metal?!?!? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Arch Enemy
As I Lay Dying (recently got into these, really impressed, plenty of catchy double bass beats and chugg chugg riffs :D )
God Forbid

Another vote for Fear Factory, well, their earlier stuff is the best... the band that got me into metal back in 1996 :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Megaherz are a bit like Rammstein.

I'd recommend In Flames personally to anyone. Also Machine Head are great (although mainly the first and last albums)

Soldato
RSH said:
Metal?!?!? :confused: :confused: :confused:
As with any requests for genres there is going to be discrepancies about how that genre is defined (for example I wouldn't define A Perfect Circle as metal, but there you go). I wouldn't class those bands as metal per se, but they are of a similar vein to some of the bands listed by the OP, and also tend to be liked by people who like the listed bands in my experience.

Besides what does it matter, they are suggestions, if the OP likes them or not what does it matter if some people don't define them as metal ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
j00ni said:
As with any requests for genres there is going to be discrepancies about how that genre is defined (for example I wouldn't define A Perfect Circle as metal, but there you go). I wouldn't class those bands as metal per se, but they are of a similar vein to some of the bands listed by the OP, and also tend to be liked by people who like the listed bands in my experience.

Besides what does it matter, they are suggestions, if the OP likes them or not what does it matter if some people don't define them as metal ;)

I suppose so, you can define them metal if you like.

But there not.

Ken

Ken

Associate
OP
Thanks a lot guys. :)
I've heard a few songs from bands mentioned here such as "Colony", "I Could Care Less" and "Pull Harder On The String Of Your Martyr". I like them so I'll check out their respective albums. I tend to avoid oldies such as Metallica and Black Sabbath. I can't quite put my finger on why but in general I didn't like what I heard although I do own "The Best Of Motorhead" which is really good. The bands listed in my first post took a few listens to get into unlike the bands listed at the end of this post but it was worth it. I'm looking to expand my collection in this direction as I've pretty much stopped listening to old favourites such as Linkin Park, Fuel and Evanescence.

Soldato
I second just about every band in this thread (especially Opeth) and add myself:

36 Crazyfists
40 Below Summer
Adema
American Head Charge
As Cities Burn
Avenged Sevenfold (only their latest album City Of Evil though)
Boysetsfire
Bullet For My Valentine
Children Of Bodom
Dead Poetic
It Dies Today
Disturbed
Every Time I Die
Finch
Five Pointe O
Glassjaw
Helmet
Clutch
Ill Nino
In Flames
Machine Head
Mastodon (*drool*)
Mudvayne
Nine Inch Nails
Nora
Planes Mistaken For Stars
Poison The Well
Sikth
Slayer
Static-X
Spineshank
Stabbing Westward
Soulfly
Stone Sour
Still Remains
Team Sleep (if you like Deftones; it's Chino's side project.)
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Theory Of A Deadman
Thrice (latest album only)
Thumbscrew
Dream Theater (erm....if you don't get Train of Thought, you are STUPID :p :D)
Buckethead
Bleed The Dream
Crossfade
Curlupanddie
Demon Hunter
Hoods
Secret Lives Of The Freemasons
Roadrunner All-stars CD (it's a collaboration with a lot of the Roadrunner artists)
The Acacia Strain
The Red Chord

Oh and check out the roadrunner website, nearly all the artists on that label are good.

And before anyone questions my choices :p I based them on both "metal bands", and the bands he listed (which certainly aren't all metal :))

That's about all at the moment, enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom